1. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    finished an install yesterday for @remanifest :) went with the QFN this time and routed the wires better (all points are on the rear of the board now). very pleased with this one B-)

[​IMG]

2. JaRocker

JaRocker GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    wow nice

3. Toby4213

Toby4213 Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    @pyorin wow looks very clean. I can't really find a good dev board, so I think I would also get a single atsamd21. This takes up the least amount of space. Also I love the enameled copper wire, imho thats the only option when it comes to wiring, be it modding a console or prototyping a pcb...
    Also, does the pin description for the samd21 in the original post correspond to the adafruit trinket m0? And what should be connected to the D+ and D- pins? Are those for usb?

Last edited by Toby4213, Dec 9, 2019
  4. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @pyorin

Could you share the other soldering points that you used for this install? I can see where you soldered the 3V, USB data+/- and ground, but can't quite tell where the other 2 wires (RCM strap and vol+) are going.

5. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes, the wiring diagram for the trinket is the correct one for the bare chip install, and D+/D- are the data lines for usb.

sure :) I already made a diagram so I could remember where all the points were, though my pictured install is just a simple Fusee-UF2 one and doesn't use the vol+ line. also, I know there are an awful lot of ground points to choose from, so I have only highlighted the ones on test pads that are most convenient to the location of the chip :P

[​IMG]

Last edited by pyorin, Dec 10, 2019
    pure3d2 likes this.
  6. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @pyorin
    Thank you so much! I can't quote+reply because I don't have enough posts yet even though my account is 3 years old lol!

7. Yinchz

Yinchz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi everyone, I have a question.
    everything is normal.
    But I now want to change the startup method so that it does not require AUTORM.
    But I found that I grounded the JOYCON line.
    It is usually disconnected from the correct handle during the game.
    After a few seconds, the connection will return to normal.
    If in the game, this will be fatal because the correct gamepad is disconnected and you will not be able to move. Then it returned to normal after a while.
    How to solve this problem?
    Below is my wiring diagram.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Yinchz, Dec 10, 2019
  8. Skuffe

Skuffe Newbie
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Yeah battery was disconnected during the install. Inspecting the screen further, i can see that when using a strong light against it, it actually does display, but the touchscreen/digitizer is not working and without the light against it, nothing shows.

9. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Maybe you can try re-seating the backlight ribbon cable. If that doesn't work, then perhaps you blew either a fuse or some other component which controls the backlight. For the digitizer, make sure that the cable is connected properly in the game card reader board.

10. Toby4213

Toby4213 Member
    Newcomer

Austria
  11. iamfoesho

iamfoesho Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    What kind of wire is that?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Using a fiberglass pencil would be a better option to expose the traces to rejoin them.

12. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    magnet wire, 32awg I believe

13. remanifest

remanifest Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yesterday, I received the internally modded Switch back from @pyorin. I could not be happier with the job he did. From the outside, it's impossible to tell that the console was ever touched (flawless - no gaps, no marks on the case at all). On the inside is where the magic lives, and that's exactly how I wanted it to be.

Operating the console from my side is really simple; the hardest part was just figuring out where to place one of the files on the SD card (not that difficult. hint: if you're using Hekate, take its .bin, rename it to payload.bin, and stick it on the root of the SD card). Once I had that going, I was able to start doing some interesting things with my Switch.

I'm a stranger on a forum who just asked if someone would be willing to help me out to do something outside of my skillset, and @pyorin stepped up and performed the job in a manner that was befitting his own device, with great consideration for my time and investment.

If you're in the United States, and aren't comfortable performing this mod yourself, @pyorin is a man of honesty, integrity, high skill, speed, and a gentleman to boot. If I ever need work like this in the future, I won't think about who to ask for help, and that gives me peace of mind. Thank you very much, sir.

14. Fragmon

Fragmon Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello, can i use kynar wire (0.4mm or 0.5mm?)

15. Boydy86

Boydy86 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Where did you get that wire?! I have been googling for insulated coil wire, but not sure on gauges etc. Also, I don't know how to correctly identify wire that will strip its insulation by simply touching with iron... Very impressive job you've done there.

16. Matius

Matius Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    That's just magnet wire and you can use any AWG from 30+ really

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can, is thin enough so yeah

Boydy86 likes this.
  17. switchn00b

switchn00b Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello,
    Apologies in advance if these questions have been asked before and I have missed an answer to them:
    1. What exactly does the USB disconnect strap accomplish?
    2. In few posts that I read, people talk about method 1,2, or 3 for hacking the switch. As there's only one visible now, does that mean that this is the best way to hack (aka no battery leaks)? Is this also based on method 2 or is this method 2?
    Thanks

Last edited by switchn00b, Dec 18, 2019
  18. bevis

bevis Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is that for the Vol+ strap? Because I fucked up that resister too and my Vol+ stopped working. I ended up just bridging the pads with my strap wire and everything worked out fine.

Could someone clarify something that might be a really dumb question for me? It says that if you don't do the Vol+ strap then you're limited to dual boot mode only. All I want is to be able to boot my switch normally with a press of the power button. And boot into hecate which then autobots my CFW emmunand by pressing Vol+ and power. Does that mean that I only want dual boot and that installing the Vol+ strap is unessecary for me?

19. Matius

Matius Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    That's correct. No need for that

20. Boydy86

Boydy86 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Perfect! I think I'll give this stuff a try:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/0357918/

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket