Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by mattytrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Joseph111

Joseph111 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It all works fine. That's not my problem you see. Just that I have problems trying to use software like nxmtp or to usb install stuff on the switch. I was wondering whther other people had the same problem or it's something with Windows maybe

2. FXDX

FXDX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2019
    Dominican Republic
  3. E_Surge

E_Surge Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Canada
    I think you have your data pins backwards. I'd double-check all the connections to make sure.

4. dbcopter

dbcopter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Hi,
    Very late to the part on the Trinket front so please excuse me. The install will be fine, I have total confidence in the wiring.
    I have read the first 20 or so pages and the last 40 or so but as there have been so many developments I'm finding it hard to grasp which where a couple of wires go and what a couple of functions are.
    Power, Ground and the USB pins are a given.
    The Diagram for Trinket suggests that pins 1,2 and 4 can all be ground, but also suggests Pin 2 on the Trinket can be used for USB Strap to prevent accidents. Is pin 2 a dual purpose pin? and am I better off using it for USB strap purposes?

So, just to clarify I'm currently booting TX boot.dat and I'm running Emunand (9.0.1) with my 5.1 Firmware being completely untouched and truth be told never used.
    I guess more wires to increase Dual boot options can also be extended to include an option to boot emunand???(pure guesswork), but I already have that selected in the TX settings and don't really require stock (5.1) to boot with a TX payload... are there any other advantages? Pic says see thread for details but after many, many pages I haven't stumbled across the explanation for the "Pink Arrows".

If indeed the pink pins are all going to ground they are the easiest pins to solder hands down so doing them is a no brainer... any disadvantages/risks to doing them?

Thank you in advance if anyone can see themselves clear to advise without the obligatory annoyance or sarcasm :-)

5. mattytrog
    OP

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Forget the pink arrows.
    Wire the Trinket as in OP.
    Then you can use the Switchboot project to control the chip.

There may be other UF2s out there but the wiring may be different?

Pin 2 is configured on my diagrams to be the optional USB strap. However, on earlier installs, it was the wakeup pin. Even earlier installs, pin 4 was a wakeup pin.

The wakeup pin in now obsolete.

pin 3 = joycon
    0 = vol+
    USB signal lines = outer- outer, inner - inner
    GND - use pad next to battery connector (the groundplane loses too much heat, leading to dry joints.)
    PWR - choose a location. I prefer the nearest one (the M92t36 V+ filter cap)

dbcopter likes this.
  6. pyorin

pyorin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2013
    United States
    kansas
    did my second internal install and first repair (marked in red) :D wanted to show it off and thank you again matty for the immense amount of support and information you continue to provide :bow:

[​IMG]

metaljay and mattytrog like this.
  7. Joseph111

Joseph111 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    That image is almost nsfw. What wire is that btw?

8. pyorin

pyorin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2013
    United States
    kansas
    magnet wire, 32awg I believe

9. b5nk2rs

b5nk2rs Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    Peru
    hola muchas gracias por los diagramas y archivos, después de un tiempo, mi interruptor no se carga, uso otra batería, se enciende, pero da el error 21620002, usé todas las correas, eliminé el chip rcmx86, seguí el error, perdona mi mal inglés

10. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2012
    wow that is incredible, please post more haha

looney bin jim likes this.
  11. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    @looney bin jim

Housing change. Basic work, but means a lot to you I know!

Enjoy...

IMG_20191119_213425[1].jpg
    IMG_20191119_211916[1].jpg IMG_20191119_212007[1].jpg IMG_20191119_213310[1].jpg IMG_20191119_213437[1].jpg IMG_20191119_212053[1].jpg IMG_20191119_211900[1].jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by mattytrog, Nov 19, 2019
    metaljay and looney bin jim like this.
  12. looney bin jim

looney bin jim Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2016
    WoW :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ShadyGame

ShadyGame GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Portugal
    there is another way to bridge the joyco pins? i ripped those pins out...my switch is hackable but i cant access rcm

14. looney bin jim

looney bin jim Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2016
    If you have a botched install with missing pins, it’s probably best to have a professional fix it before it gets worse...

15. ShadyGame

ShadyGame GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Portugal
    I don't know anybody that can do that

16. looney bin jim

looney bin jim Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2016
    I’m sure if you ask in the thread for a fix, somebody will offer some help. I would show pictures of the botched install, and if it is actually fixable, someone close to where you are located will more than likely try help you out....

17. b5nk2rs

b5nk2rs Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    Peru
    @mattytrog ayuda, hola muchas gracias por los diagramas y archivos, después de un tiempo, mi interruptor no se carga, uso otra batería, se enciende, pero da el error 21620002, usa todas las correas, elimina el chip rcmx86, sigue el error, perdona mi mal ingles.

18. remanifest

remanifest Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2019
    United States
    Any chance you'd be willing to do an internal install for me? I haven't touched my console, but would like to get it going...

19. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hola!

I'll reply in English.

21620002 is essentially unknown, at least to me. Make sure archive bit is active on SD card and you have any exfat updates.. also make sure your sept version is up to date.

I'm releasing an update for all samd21 chips this evening. I'm just testing it now.

pyorin and looney bin jim like this.
  20. pyorin

pyorin Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2013
    United States
    kansas
    oh wow, sure :O it would be my first time doing a mod as a service, but I'm very familiar with paypal invoicing and shipping, as I make and sell LEDs for the rhythm game community. if you want, you can send me a PM and we can figure out the details :)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted