Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by mattytrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you flashed correct it should load what on the chip.

2. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Colombia
    it flashes correctly but stays on the black screen, when I have the charger connected or the dock, it injects when there is nothing in the connected usb

3. mattytrog
    OP

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes. Its the same rail.

This is why we fit the USB strap.

It doesn`t fix the issue, though it does automatically push a payload when you disconnect, getting you out of RCMK and either completely shutting down or bootikng up depending on max77620 state

4. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Colombia
    ok, I have the usb strap installed, but it does not inject it when I disconnect the usb, I must turn it off completely and turn it on again

Last edited by edwardsalazar97, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM
  5. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    [/QUOTE]
    Hmmm... Try reflashing the UF2 or holding down the vol+ button for around 30 seconds(you will see LED long flash). Do this WITH USB CONNECTED TO POWER

6. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Colombia
    What do I achieve by having the + button pressed? Excuse my ignorance

Last edited by edwardsalazar97, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:30 PM
  7. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It will do a full reset on the chip if you hold it down long enough(assuming you have vol+ strap connected, that is)

8. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Colombia
    ok, it remains in rcm, it only comes out of the black screen if I restart the chip, when i disconnect the usb nothing happens, with the reset of the volume plus reinject the payload

9. Scettles

Scettles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Okay just got switchme installed.... I plugged my phone into the USB port to try and just boot it up to test it... My phone screen flashed like it always does when I plug in and it goes to push a payload but nothing happened on my switch screen... Screen black. This is first time I've ever had this plugged in. Idk if there was anything flashed on the switchme from factory? Just hoping I didn't mess anything up lol. Did the ground and USB slot and the option ish disconnect on the front... Then I did the joycon and 3.3 v on the back of the board... Does the switchme light up or anything to test if it's getting Power or anything. Any ideas what I should check or do now?

10. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The correct behaviour is:

Upon disconnect from USB, the chip should reset and attempt to re-inject the payload.

The SwitchME has just the standard Trinket bootloader on there as far as I know.

Yes it should have an LED on there. Try double-pressing RESET and sent switchboot payload, select SAMD21 update. See if REBUG_BOOT pops up.

11. Scettles

Scettles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Well damn. I got no led and can't get my switch on either... Was in autorcm before... Guess mess with it some more here. I felt my solder points and stuff were fine.

12. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    take some good closeup pics and post them in thread

13. Scettles

Scettles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Ground looks like maybe im pushing through it kinda? whats weird is I was able to do rcm mode or something at least my phone thought i was doing it when i plugged it into my switch.. but now im not getting that at all... and never had an led on the switchme.... I guess I can tear down and take pics of the 3.3v and joycon strap one on the back. Lol

Attached Files:

Last edited by Scettles, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:17 AM
  14. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Use an alternative GND (the one next to battery connector) then retest

15. Scettles

Scettles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    well i was able to get my switch back on... still no LED from the trinket or anytthing. sitting in sxos payload right now with it. double hitting reset nothing else getting me anything. is my 3v one most likely bad?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but then tried to boot stock firmware from sxos menu and got nintendo errror 2101-0001! nooooo lol. payloads and stuff randomly work from my phone and such. cant get back into sxos payload again. no idea what deal is.

16. Scettles

Scettles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    Here's the back of the board. Joycon strap looks little less then ideal lol. Idk about the 3.3 v one... And last page has the rest of the soldering @mattytrog

Attached Files:

17. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Colombia
    It sounds silly, but that wire you're using has a coating of enamel, you've removed it well, the tin if you are making contact in the right way can be that.

18. xstre pwnsx

xstre pwnsx Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    @mattytrog If the MT chip was not functioning well (or at all?), and I plug in a charged battery from another switch should it turn on?

19. mattytrog
    OP

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No it wouldn`t turn on. It would be off. Unless one of the passives have gone down around m92t36

20. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    Colombia
    which causes the damage of that chip