Hacking Internal battery problem with EZ iv mini

GG19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys here is the problem
I got my EZ 4 flash card mini a couple of days ago got everything running however every time I turn my GBA SP on I get this message

'WARNING battery dry or first in'

I can play my games and save but when I go to reload them the save isn't there I understand the internal battery has something to do with saving.
I have left the cart in the GBA whilst charging for 8 hrs still get the message.

Is there anyway to bypass the battery and save straight to my mini SD as pocketnes seems to save okay?

Is this normal does it need to charge longer?

I really don't want to open it up and check the battery connection as I can't solder anyway. I brought it from gameyeah who were okay but I really can't deal with the fuss and extra expense of sending it back to Hong Kong and risk not getting a new one sent back to me

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm afraid the battery might be dead. If that's the case, you will have to solder (as did I), but it's really no big deal though. Maybe you know anybody, who can do it? An alternative would be contacting your store and asking for a replacement.

EDIT: I did a sloppy job reading your post, as both my advices are apparently useless to you ... but saving directly to miniSD is impossible on GBA, it's way too slow. You can still open it up (if there's no warranty sticker in the way) and check the contacts ...

GG19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn! I thought this would be the case there is no way to save straight to the mini SD then? Is there anyway to do a Real Time Save, if there is would that still need to use the battery?

Thanks MaHe

EDIT
--------
thanks I'll try that this weekend I'll try and get a refund/exchange from gameyeeeah wish me luck they are useless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Low-spec ports are on C64.