Hardware Intermittent Joycon Lagging

echan42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My switch is having some issues with the joycons, this happens on both pairs of Joycons I own and on both cfw and ofw, currently on 12.1 fw andI've noticed it since 11.

Sometimes when I press a button on my right Joycon absolutely nothing will happen and other times when I press a button it will remain held (not phisycally) for a few seconds.
For example, I'm playing No More Heroes 3 and I'll mash attack button but no attacks will be launched, then as I begin to move my character a charged up attack will start, the same effect as if I had held my attack button.

I've unplugged both my routers, one is in the same room as the switch and I've got nothing in between the switch and the joycons, 5m away from eachother.

I've never done any hardware modifications to my system or the joycons.

Any ideas?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So from that it sounds like it's at the Bluetooth level of the system, rather than a level beyond that where all controllers are handled. Can't say for sure if it's hardware or software. Have you googled to see if anyone's had similar issues? See if you can find out if it's a known issue by Nintendo. Is it under warranty?

echan42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did this

Fixing Joy-Con Lag Problems
  1. Go to System Settings.
  2. Scroll down to Controllers and Sensors.
  3. Select Disconnect Controllers.
  4. Confirm your choice and wait until the message All controllers have been disconnected appears on the screen.
  5. You need to detach your controllers from the console.

Lagging is back

zediiiii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I often have severe interference with USB 3.0 enabled in ams, but since its ofw as well, my guess would be other wireless devices interfering or hardware malfunction. Try a cold boot of the tablet. Also fwiw, the latest hos included an update for Joycons.
Same issue for me -- intermittent lag, but it's tough to reliably reproduce it on demand. Updating firmware doesn't fix it. Example, I'll press the "jump button" in Yoshi's crafted world a few times in a row, and the fifth time I press it, it's like the input freezes for a moment (jump is held much longer than I pressed it) and doesn't catch back up for 500-750 ms or so. Joycons are paired wirelessly, and my network is wired at home so not a lot of interference. Sitting about 10 ft away with clear line of sight.

zediiiii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issues after unpairing, turning off, and repairing. I'm purchasing some conductive foam and a Y00 Tri-wing driver and trying out the conductive foam fix.

Last edited by zediiiii,

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
My recommendation would be to take your Switch elsewhere, like a park or something, and try out if the problem persists. If it does, the Bluetooth antenna might be failing and it would require a very convulted repair, if it doesn't, there's something where your usually play causing interference. Try checking other Bluetooth devices nearby to disable them one by one and see who's the culprit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Swagboi308 @ Swagboi308: :wacko: