Hacking Intermittent "Freezing".

Goobaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that this most certainly gets asked more than any of you would like to admit, but I have searched and tried the various fixes mentioned, and I'm really only looking for some ideas, at this point.

My R4 is... about a year and a half old. Much like many things, in the beginning it worked nigh-flawlessly, freezing once in a blue moon. But as of late, it's begun to freeze constantly, I'll be lucky to play for an hour without it freezing. I've run the gauntlet of potential fixes: the paper trick, a more recent fix offered was having some tape on the back of the contact strips, reformatted, re-downloaded everything from FW to games, even re-created YSMenu several times.

Granted it doesn't happen with every game, it seems to happen more frequently with newer games, currently I'm trying to play through DQV but I haven't even been able to get past Uptaten Towers since losing my original data. The two black screens only happen during a shift in scenery, be it the end of a random encounter or walking through doors.

As mentioned in the topic description, I'm really only looking for some input, 'cause at this point I'm not too sure if I'm not doing something right, or my R4 has run its course. Any input at all would be lovely, thanks.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Take the case off and use a cotton bud (or just a bit of tissue) and a solvent like alcohol or lighter fuel to clean the contacts (at a push aftershave would probably do the trick). My R4 was freezing and not being recognised by the DS quite a lot, but before I gave it to my girlfriend after getting my AK2 I cleaned the contacts this way and it's not frozen since.

Goobaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh...I had thought about cleaning the contacts but I wasn't sure what was safe or not..I will be giving that a try, thanks pal. I really appreciate it. What's interesting too is that i bought mine and my girlfriend's at the same time. Hers has yet to freeze even once, lol. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1