Interference lines on screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by st11x, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009

Interference lines on screen by st11x at 2:04 AM (893 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. st11x
    OP

Newcomer st11x Newbie

Thailand
    Hi,

Whenever I plug in my HDD via the USB ports, there will be ugly patches on the health screen, and on the Wii menu, the bottom part of the screen is either distorted, or that there will be interference lines running down the screen.

Anyone with similar experience? How do I solve this?

thanks
    Matt

2. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  3. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    From experience, it's either a cheap RCA cable connected to your tv, or you usb case doesn't have proper grounding.

4. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Out of interest, what kind of tv screen is it? I found that with mine it was a simple case of making sure something was connected to the top usb port of the wii and it all went away. Im using a self powered 2.5" usb enclosure [​IMG]

5. st11x
    OP

Newcomer st11x Newbie

Thailand
    Thanks guys.

Looks like it indeed is the USB enclosure. I moved it further away and the lines are much reduced. The house is an old one and has only 2 pin power points, so grounding it could be a problem.

Matt

6. st11x
    OP

Newcomer st11x Newbie

Thailand
    It is a 40" LCD TV. I think a self powered USB drive would be better, or a thumb drive.

7. Shadaez

Newcomer Shadaez Newbie

United States
    It's a ground loop most likely (if your HDD plugs in for power - and isn't just USB), or it's electromagnetic interference which is unlikely because it's a LCD tv. I had this problem with our PS3 and projector, I solved it by removing the ground from my power strips cord (not recommended). Make sure they're both plugged into the same power strip.