st11x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi,

Whenever I plug in my HDD via the USB ports, there will be ugly patches on the health screen, and on the Wii menu, the bottom part of the screen is either distorted, or that there will be interference lines running down the screen.

Anyone with similar experience? How do I solve this?

thanks
Matt

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From experience, it's either a cheap RCA cable connected to your tv, or you usb case doesn't have proper grounding.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of interest, what kind of tv screen is it? I found that with mine it was a simple case of making sure something was connected to the top usb port of the wii and it all went away. Im using a self powered 2.5" usb enclosure
wink.gif

st11x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks guys.

Looks like it indeed is the USB enclosure. I moved it further away and the lines are much reduced. The house is an old one and has only 2 pin power points, so grounding it could be a problem.

Matt

st11x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
rustybanana said:
Out of interest, what kind of tv screen is it? I found that with mine it was a simple case of making sure something was connected to the top usb port of the wii and it all went away. Im using a self powered 2.5" usb enclosure
wink.gif

It is a 40" LCD TV. I think a self powered USB drive would be better, or a thumb drive.

Shadaez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a ground loop most likely (if your HDD plugs in for power - and isn't just USB), or it's electromagnetic interference which is unlikely because it's a LCD tv. I had this problem with our PS3 and projector, I solved it by removing the ground from my power strips cord (not recommended). Make sure they're both plugged into the same power strip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a