Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So here's the vid.

[fact]
The first loading picture of 360 version appears at 53s, the loading finishes at 99s : Loading 46 seconds
The first loading picture of PS3 version appears at 59s, the loading finishes at 116s : Loading 60 seconds
The loading time difference is about 23.4%

According to abgx.net, 360 version is 6.8 billion bytes zipped -> unzipped to 7.6 billion bytes
According to abgx.net, PS3 version is 11.4 billion bytes zipped -> who the hell downloads PS3 image anyways? let me know the unzipped size
The data size difference is about 41.4% comparing both zipped
Note: I used billion bytes instead of GB because abgx definition of MB is million bytes, not 1048576
[/fact]

[propaganda]
46s is way shorter than 60s therefore 360 version is superior without a doubt.
[/propaganda]

I need someone to convince me that 23.4 is bigger than 41.4 before agreeing on 360's superiority.

Ever heard of the chinese expression "????(morning three night four)?"
When a guy said he'll give three (whatever monkeys were fed) for breakfast and four for dinner, monkeys were all mad.
When that guy said then he'll give four in the morning and three at night, monkeys were all happy.

360 initial loading is faster than the PS3's, and PS3's in-game loading is faster than the 360's.
But people who post at GT seem to think that 4+3 is bigger than 3+4. (And PS3 fanboys can't accept the fact that 4 in the morning is bigger than 3 in the morning)

P.S. Why would the video maker bother make a 2 minute initial loading video but not make a short few seconds in-game loading video? I think the answer lies somewhere in this post.

Edit: video fixed

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can wait a bit more for the console and the game to power on, then wait less time ingame while playing
wink.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
In the long run, I believe you would save far more time with the PS3 version. People don't constantly quit and start the game. While they usually play for hours on end.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
martin88 said:
I've never seen that last two loading screens during startup for the 360.

Neither. In fact, I've only seen the loading pictures only twice. I just boot up GTA 4 and do other things, like drink a cup of tea or wash my hands or check the weather, whatever. Same goes to other games except the first time I run the game, the only difference is GTA4 takes me all the way to Niko while most other games take me to the main screen (thus another set of loading).

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my God the PS3 version of GTAIV is a joke. Sub HD resolutions, forced installs, fuzzy graphics, washed out colors, horrible controller, no DLC, shit online and its full of crashing and bugs. The recent patch didn't even fix all the problems. Its total bullshit.

(why am I so pissed? I bought the POS3 version)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
feds4u said:
my God the PS3 version of GTAIV is a joke. Sub HD resolutions, forced installs, fuzzy graphics, washed out colors, horrible controller, no DLC, shit online and its full of crashing and bugs. The recent patch didn't even fix all the problems. Its total bullshit.

*sigh*
Fanboy just won't stop.
My GTA IV has been wonderful to me.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really that important which machine loads faster - isn't it the game that counts?

Man, gamers are spoilt these days.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
feds4u said:

I understand you want to bash PS3, but at least don't make up lies.
Basically your whole paragraph summarizes to "I've watched the GT movie but I haven't played PS3 version of GTA4"

If you want to improve your PS3 GTA4 experience I can help (Of 8 things you listed I can take care of half of them), but I don't think I buy your last line.
But I'm not gonna waste my time on you unless you actually prove you have the game.

Look at the creator of the loading video, at least he isn't faking anything.
He only chose to record only one portion that is advantageous to the 360, but he never influenced the viewers in any other way.
Basically he's like "I'm biased, but I'm not gonna tell you I'm biased."

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
feds4u said:

I understand you want to bash PS3, but at least don't make up lies.

Basically your whole paragraph summarizes to "I've watched the GT movie but I haven't played PS3 version of GTA4"

You're a fool if you believe that. I bought a PS3 (for$600) and GTAIV at launch. I actually purchased both versions of GTA IV.

See only a fanboy would be unwilling to admit this game has serious problems.

So let's review what I had to say:

Sub HD Resolutions:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/29/counti...v-runs-at-630p/

From the PS3 Fanboy article: "Counting pixels: GTA IV runs at 640p"

Although some fanboy on the GameTrailers forum tried to disprove this fact, his theory was quickly shot down by people who actually know what they are talking about.

PS3 GTA IV has 5 Minute Mandatory Installation

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187154

Hey Sony, its a console not a PC.

fuzzy graphics, Washed out colors

Just look at the videos or play the game for yourself. Many people have commented on the PS3's "Vasoline filter" look. I'm not a big fan of it.

Crashing

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/04/29/gta-i...e-install-baby/

Here's a video of the crashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpzrk-JMst0 15,000 views

NOTE: Even the author of this video mentions the recent patch DID NOT fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msP_d_0km18...feature=related 40,000 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8r_WEvCBI...feature=related 6,000 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVc5kGHiHW8...feature=related 16,000 views

67 other videos of the GTA IV PS3 freezing problems:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Here's a whole YouTube Channel dedicated to PS3 Freezing Problem:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FIXGTA4NOW 118,571 channel views!

As for the controllers, I always liked the Dual Shock, I HATE the Six Axis and the DS3. The triggers ruin them both.

0512081439.jpg

Anyway if you look closely my controllers are sending the doubters a little message.
smile.gif

And if you say your version of GTAIV has never crashed you are obviously a LIAR.

If you really are a fan of the PS3 version you'll promote this DIGG topic and help us get the problem fixed once and for all. Two weeks later and many 20/60GB PS3 owners still can't play the game

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Angry_GTA4_Fan...Page_On_YouTube

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sub HD resolutions -> Is this a problem? So Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 deserve the worst graphic of the century award?

Forced install -> You KNOW this is to reduce loading, don't you? By the time you finish the game, you'd have saved way more than 5 minutes on loadings. If you want to know how effective HDD install is, play DW6 and see for yourself. 50% loading time easily reduced.

Fuzzy graphics -> Go to display option and turn off filter option.

Washed out colors -> Turn "Full RGB Colors" option on, problem solved. Otherwise the problem is on your TV.

Horrible controller -> Triggers? You mean L2/R2? How many times do you press the button in GTA that it ruins the game? I never thought L2/R2 were called trigger buttons because they obviously are not mapped the same way as other consoles' trigger buttons. Does using R1 as fire button ring any bell?

No DLC -> PS3 gets a DLC, you just need to wait. 360 exclusive DLC hasn't come out yet either.

Shit online and its full of crashing and bugs -> You're referring other people's. I assume if you've experienced any of that you'd mention it yourself instead of linking 3rd person's comments. So I'd conclude you've never experienced any of that.

If you hate the PS3 version that much, go get it refunded. (Print out what you've written here and show it to the store manager, I guarantee your refund.) Sounds like your copy should be in more than decent condition too.

You're saying you've bought it, but you haven't mentioned any of your personal experience but quoted other people and webpages. Sounds like you haven't played it yet. I fail to see the connection between GameGuy778 and feds4u either. Whose picture is that? How am I supposed to know? If you bothered taking a photo of (what you claim are) your controllers why not GTA4? I find it very odd and you ruined your credibility yourself.

If I have an unsatisfactory experience, I base my bashing on my experience not what other people say. If my game crashed I'd say my game freaking crashed, I wouldn't link crunchgear. What difference does a webpage make to a fact that my game crashed?

And yeah, everybody who doesn't agree with you is a fanboy. Black or white FTW. Is your world monochrome? Mine isn't and I don't divide people into PS3 fanboys and 360 fanboys.

P.S. I see why the video I linked is very effective, one word: feds4u.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Sub HD resolutions -> Is this a problem? So Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 deserve the worst graphic of the century award?

(fanboys love to mention the competition. Yes its problem. I bought my PS3 to play games in HD. Technically the PS3 is only true HD console on the market and yet here it is displaying games in SUB HD. That's a pathetic JOKE.)

Forced install -> You KNOW this is to reduce loading, don't you? (If you've played both version you'll see it doesn't reduce them all that much. The video YOU POSTED proves this fact. How do you like that self ownage
laugh.gif
)

Fuzzy graphics -> Go to display option and turn off filter option. (Does nothing/very little)

Washed out colors -> Turn "Full RGB Colors" option on, problem solved. Otherwise the problem is on your TV.
rolleyes.gif

Horrible controller -> DS3, SA, The trigger still suck

No DLC -> PS3 gets a DLC, you just need to wait. (No actually it doesn't)

Shit online and its full of crashing and bugs -> You're referring other people's. I assume if you've experienced any of that you'd mention it yourself instead of linking 3rd person's comments. So I'd conclude you've never experienced any of that. (Pure idiocy. I've had plenty of problems. But since you wont believe I had to link to someone else's comments because you wont take my word for it.)

If you hate the PS3 version that much, go get it refunded. (I bought the Xbox 360 version after buying the PS3 version because of the bugs)

You're saying you've bought it, but you haven't mentioned any of your personal experience but quoted other people and webpages.

(More idiocy. I've had plenty of problems. But since you're a fanboy I had to link to someone else's comments because you wont take my word for it.)

Now that's ownage.

And I love how you had nothing to say concerning the MASSIVE amount of crashing complaints. You're just going to have to accept the facts, the PS3 version of GTAIV is a bug filled, crashing plagued piece of garbage. I've provided more than enough evidence in this topic to prove my point.

Well pal, if you wont take my word for it it, just look at one of the dozens of videos, check out that DIGG topic that is closing in on 2000 diggs, or do a google search.

Until then, quit your bawwwing and accept the truth.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
feds4u said:
Fuzzy graphics -> Go to display option and turn off filter option. (Does nothing/very little)

Ok. Your comment proves that you don't actually have the PS3 version of GTA4.
Did you actually find the filter option I mentioned? That is very very interesting. You lied about (Does nothing/very little) and I know it.
You asked for pwnage so I'm gonna give you pwnage.

1) You whined about sub-HD native resolution of PS3 GTA4, and demanded HD or above.
2) You said turning off the filter option does nothing/very little which means you were able to find the option and turn it off
3) The filter option is only available if you use 480i display. On 480P/720i/720P/1080i/1080P the filter option is not even there.
4) Who uses standard definition interlaced display? You, who found 640P native resolution unsatisfactory. 640 > 480 just for the record.
5) Turning off that filter option removes every last bit of Anti-Aliasing. You just can't fail to notice that because everything changes from fuzzy, blurry to severly pixelated. So "(Does nothing/very little)" is a lie unless you're legally blind.

I never knew such filter option existed, I've heard it from someone else who apparently uses 480i display on CRT TV.

We all know you have an unknown version of PS3 ($600 probably means you got the 60GB, but you never experience crashing so your 60GB is safe), and the PS3 version of GTA4 (I suggested getting it refunded, you mentioned buying the 360 version but didn't say anything about refunding so I assume you still have the game).
Edit: What the hell was I saying. You were able to turn off the option, so it's obvious you still have PS3 GTA4 and it doesn't crash on your PS3.

So here's the final task. That filter option is NOT called "Filter option." You just simply have to tell me what that option is actually called. That's all. Otherwise don't bother making another reply here because that's only gonna make you look worse.

P.S. Regardless of you finding out the option's name (because it only takes couple minutes google to figure out what it's called), I know one more person who's 480i using legally blind liar.

P.S.2. My apologies to everyone who had to read all this junk, I easily get provoked especially when people make stuff up.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
You asked for pwnage so I'm gonna give you pwnage.

lol, I'm still waiting.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(deathfisaro @ May 12 2008, 11:21 PM) ($600 probably means you got the 60GB, but you never experience crashing so your 60GB is safe)

I experience GTAIV crashing all the time. That's why I bought the Xbox 360 version. The 360 version crashes too, but never during missions. (Its rare actually. It has only happened to me twice with the Xbox 360 version.)

Its a big problem for PS3 owners, especially for 20/60GB owners.

Maybe you've seen some of this stuff before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpzrk-JMst0 15,000 views

NOTE: Even the author of this video mentions the recent patch DID NOT fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msP_d_0km18...feature=related 40,000 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8r_WEvCBI...feature=related 6,000 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVc5kGHiHW8...feature=related 16,000 views

67 other videos of the GTA IV PS3 freezing problems:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Here's a whole YouTube Channel dedicated to PS3 Freezing Problem:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FIXGTA4NOW 118,571 channel views!

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Angry_GTA4_Fan...Page_On_YouTube

I hate to repeat myself, but hey, the truth is the truth.

BTW, your post = tl:dr

But seriously, would skim again.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What a waste of electricity and storage, stop repeating the same crap.
I didn't know you had dyslexia, but that doesn't change the fact you've been making up lies
smile.gif

P.S. Yeah, the truth is the truth. You've told none so far.

P.S.2. Who the hell sold GTA4 to a minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3