Interesting Mobo Revision

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by overlord00, Mar 19, 2010.

Mar 19, 2010
  1. overlord00
    OP

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    I have recieved that xbox i have been talking about from that last post i had, but the mobo revision is a bit interesting.

it has all the looks of a xenon board (which is awesome) and still has the 3 coil things below the power input. however, it has the newer style heatsync (ie from zephyr update)... and not sure if it counts, but also has a phillip/liteon dvd-rom drive. (also didnt check if it was spoofed... now i have no "backup" discs)

according to this site: (360drives) the power inlet is either Xenon or Zephyr
    this is my power inlet: power inlet
    mobo: mobo

The motherboard itself, well, both Xenon and Zephyr look really the same... however this board does not have the Zephyr HDMI... which is crap.... so i am thinking that this was a RROD xenon that was sent into M$ and had the heatsync replaced... but any help anyone wants to give would be great.

i ask because it is a 7371 kernal, and i want to jtag it, but not sure of the NAND size. (and yes, i will check the CB version)

thanks

2. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I've seen this type before many times, its when you send your old 360 in for repair.

it still uses 16.5a so alot more chance for the rrod [​IMG]

3. overlord00
    OP

Australia
    um, so it is a xenon board? i am unsure as to what a "16.5a" is...
    what i am really asking is how big is the onboard NAND.... 16mb? for LPT dumping purposes (either has a 16mb nand)
    and i need to know what the mobo is to use the correct xbr image... and correct jtag/lpt wiring

just gonna go out on a limb and say its a M$ refurbished xenon and go with that... if anyone wants to say otherwise, please, say so, so i dont look like an idiot

4. lenselijer

Netherlands
    check the watt of your power supply, is it 203W? then you have a xenon/zephyr

the difference between them:

xenon = no hdmi connector
    zephyr= hdmi connector

i think m$ updated the cb version, but its the best thing to check first.

5. overlord00
    OP

Australia
    exactly what im doing now... dumping the precious precious nand...

also, whats with it having the liteon dvd... wasnt it a samsung in that generation? or was that part of the overhaul too?

also, was sure it was a xenon because of jtag points... ie the 6 eyelettes on one side of the board that you solder the diodes to (ie to 2 of those points)

--EDIT:

ALSO; thanks everyone for the comments on this post and previos posts of mine... you guys have been a great help...

6. moosh01

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I doubt you'll be able to Jtag if you just got this box back from MS. Check your dashboard version

7. overlord00
    OP

Australia
    totally did. [​IMG] (had the last good CB: 1921)
    flashed xell... it worked... am flashing XBR because xellous did not work for some reason... i guess i can add that after teh fact right?
    or does it require lpt connection?

8. lenselijer

Netherlands
    just use flash360 homebrew app, no need for xellous [​IMG]

9. overlord00
    OP

Australia
    are you implying i should use flash360 to install xellous... which is what i did. [​IMG]
    now am running up to date kernels and homebrews...

thanks all.