OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
eBay Listing Removed:(=IB &12480 JM67716209)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx ([email protected]),

Please be aware that the following listing:

Item Number - 330021805773
Item Title - Supercard Kit For NDS Lite NDSL MicroSD Nintendo DS,SLP

has been removed by eBay for breaching of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. You don't have to complete the transaction. For privacy reasons, I can't tell you exactly why the item was removed.

That's just the first part of the email. There's a bunch of stuff later that says "what should I do now" sort of things. I wasn't even the winning bidder (ever). Was the seller selling a fake? At least something is being done about fakes then.

Thought the community would like to know.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe flash carts aren't allowed on ebay at all - it's not because it might have been a fake Supercard as opposed to a real one.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I don't see what's wrong with selling 'Backup/Dev Kits', but apparently Ebay have a problem with it, they tend to take down most listings however I don't know about Ebay outside America, I know of some people who have sold flashkits on ebay.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I think they only take down a listing if someone else (e.g. a rival flash cart seller!) complains about it, which is why sometimes listings get taken down and not other times.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I received that email when was bidding on a fossil from China.
blink.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its generally other users who have nothing better to do "ratting" on other sellers and reporting certain items. Sometimes dissatisfied customers.

Generally it goes like this:
- seller lists a flashcart
- someone reports it to eBay support
- listing gets removed with the reason "piracy enabling device"

I had a card and passkey I wanted to get rid of once, and that was the reason they said my auction was closed - "piracy enabling device" - and I asked them right back: "I didnt list it as a game playing/piracy enabling device, even as a so called piracy enabling device it is not very good for that kind of use - and besides, I see TONNES of CD/DVD burners that arent getting closed simply because they can and are used as piracy enabling devices" (I dont remember now what it was I listed, but at the time it did indeed suck for playing commercial games and homebrewing was pretty much the only real use for it). Their reply to what I mentioned about CD/DVD burners was pretty thickheaded, and gives me more reason to beleive the people behind eBay and PP arent quite all there in the heads.
frown.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
E-Bay in General (all over the world) has a policy that forbids selling anything that can be used to make illegal backups of games or let you play illegal games
It also refuses to sell any kind of guns (read a bit further)

On the first point i can understand, BUT this means, if the would handle correct:
1. Remove any device that let's you make backups
2. Remove any device that let's you play backups
3. Remove any device that let's you burn backups (yeah, if the would be correct the should remove ALL cd/dvd burners)
4. Remove any device that alters a console to do things not intended to be on it
5. Remove any device that alters the console not forseen by the manufacturer (this means all replacement cases should be banned to (the void your waranty asap))

(The even remove older consoles (megadrive/snes) that are altered to play in 60Hz full screen)

About the Guns stuff:

I and some other ppl i know had there GAMING guns been removed from selling
A Mate has his ARCADE GAME (it used guns, kinda like time crisis) Removed cause it had GAME guns on it.

After a few letters and re placements i and the others where treatened with our account beeing scrapped if we listed it again, the mail said clearly we where infriging there policy about selling guns.

Goddamned, A Stupid Sega Master System Gun and Nintendo Phaser Gun where removed cause it had the words GUN in the title.
It even showed the gaming gun, but the told us no discussion, The said A gun is a gun even if it's a gaming gun.
Even after asking about all those other gaming guns still listed (there where even alarmpistols on sale then (we also asked about it)) the said No comment, it's your sale we are looking to!

Anyway E-Bay suxs, but on the other hands, it's a nice thing to get ride of stuff and get some extra money for new stuff
biggrin.gif

I found out, it's best to place backup devices on friday evening for 3 or 5 days

(He, E-Bay, yeah i sold more backup devices then you ever removed form me
tongue.gif
)

dirtyweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to sell my Action Replay w/Freeloader for Gamecube. I bought it from ebay in the first place but it wasnt removed then. My auction listing was removed because it contained Freeloader. The only thing freeloader is allow you to play imported games, NOT backups! It shouldn't have been an issue, Freeloader was a common item at videogames shops such as EB or Gamestop.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I was trying to sell my Action Replay w/Freeloader for Gamecube. I bought it from ebay in the first place but it wasnt removed then. My auction listing was removed because it contained Freeloader. The only thing freeloader is allow you to play imported games, NOT backups! It shouldn't have been an issue, Freeloader was a common item at videogames shops such as EB or Gamestop.

Freeloader DID let you play Backups
wink.gif
when you entered the right code in it and saved it, you could use the memoryunit exploit
biggrin.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got one of my supercards off ebay with no problems. In saying that it was just when they started to play GBA roms. I've never seen the M3 up for sale on ebay. Loads of people sell the supercards on ebay I can't see why they should be taken off. Technically you are selling the supercard on its own without an SD card, without the SD card it won't work. Maybe Nintendo have started fighting back, or the supercard team are trying to get rid of the fakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8