Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
So I'm interested in changing my flashcart choice from my old R4 to a Acekard 2.1, mainly because I want a bigger SD card, at least a 4gb or the 8gb sdhc. I did a bit of research and here are the features which I'm interested in so far (in addition to the primary features):

- Able to use AKAIO firmware
- Able to read .sav files from games played on R4, etc.

However, in the course of my research, I did a little search and stumbled upon a topic where the guy had some problems with his gba games, where the .sav files were incompatible/corrupted. I understand that the AKAIO firmware can boot gba games, but can I just use gbaexploader for a smooth transition from my R4 to Acekard? I mainly use my DS for gba gaming, the rest of the space is used for reading comics and such, so I don't want there to be any save compatibility issues resulting from my transition, which would defeat its purpose in the first place. Are there any problems if you choose not to use the AKAIO gba loader and just use Gbaexploader? I'm using EZflash 3-in-1 by the way, and I usually flash my games to NOR for convenience sake, backing up the SRAM to .sav file once in awhile when I load up my flashcart.

Also, are there any other problems I should know with the Acekard compared to the R4? I know about the spring-loaded Microsd slot, but that's a minor problem.

Thanks in advance and for reading this rambling post.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I flash games to NOR, I use the GBA backup tool to backup the saves. I often find that they just disappear into thin air otherwise...never used gbaexploader though, since I've never really had any need to.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sendoh said:
Are there any problems if you choose not to use the AKAIO gba loader and just use Gbaexploader? I'm using EZflash 3-in-1 by the way, and I usually flash my games to NOR for convenience sake, backing up the SRAM to .sav file once in awhile when I load up my flashcart.

AKAIO and gbaexploader's gba saves are different. Something about the header, or so I heard.

But nobody is forcing you to use AKAIO's GBA loader. You can use gbaexploader within AKAIO if you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr