Hacking Interested in flashcarts, few questions

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always wanted to get a flashcart, and I think now is the time for me to finally get one.

I am stuck between the Acekard 2, from either realhotstuff.com for $37+shipping or from leetstuff.com for $32 and the CycloDS Evolution for $55+shipping from jandaman.com. The CycloDS Evolution seems like a much better cart, just a lot more money and I also don't know which store I'd rather buy from. I have heard tons of great reviews about realhotstuff.com, but not many from jandaman.com... I'd like to receive the cart soon, so that is why I am picking a US store, and I heard realhotstuff.com ships same/next day and I will receive the cart in a few days. How are the other stores? Can anyone please explain which cart would be a better buy for me and does anyone have experience with the stores? Thank you
smile.gif

edit: also, how does the SCDSone compare to the two above carts?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.Eric said:
I have always wanted to get a flashcart, and I think now is the time for me to finally get one.

I am stuck between the Acekard 2, from either realhotstuff.com for $37+shipping or from leetstuff.com for $32 and the CycloDS Evolution for $55+shipping from jandaman.com. The CycloDS Evolution seems like a much better cart, just a lot more money and I also don't know which store I'd rather buy from. I have heard tons of great reviews about realhotstuff.com, but not many from jandaman.com... I'd like to receive the cart soon, so that is why I am picking a US store, and I heard realhotstuff.com ships same/next day and I will receive the cart in a few days. How are the other stores? Can anyone please explain which cart would be a better buy for me and does anyone have experience with the stores? Thank you
smile.gif

First of all, there is already thread about newcomers asking for which cart to get.... Please use there next time....

Secondly, Jandaman is actually in Vancouver, Canada. I've sent him some emails, etc, and he responded in a few hours. I heard some good stuff about them, but if you're in US, then RHS is better. Fast shipping, and good prices.

Lastly, there is a review of the SCDS1 SDHC on the GBAtemp. They just made a new one yesterday. I'm not sure if it's on the "review" section, so go to the first page, and you should be able to find it.

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
.Eric said:

smile.gif

First of all, there is already thread about newcomers asking for which cart to get.... Please use there next time....

Secondly, Jandaman is actually in Vancouver, Canada. I've sent him some emails, etc, and he responded in a few hours. I heard some good stuff about them, but if you're in US, then RHS is better. Fast shipping, and good prices.

Lastly, there is a review of the SCDS1 SDHC on the GBAtemp. They just made a new one yesterday. I'm not sure if it's on the "review" section, so go to the first page, and you should be able to find it.

Sorry about not using that post, I wanted to also know about the different sellers, so I did not know if my topic was completely relevent. I'll use it next time.

And I thought Jandaman was in the US because their address in "Contact US" is in Washington, but thanks for letting me know that. I would rather use RHS but I didn't know if it would be worth buying the CycloDS instead, because RHS is out of stock of it. I read all the reviews I was just looking for some personal input if the CycloDS was worth the extra ~$30 after shipping.

edit: I think I decided on the Supercard One.. How do I know if RHS has the newest version of it? It doesn't say V3 anywhere, and the box looks like the older version... http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sdhc-p-169.html

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.Eric said:
ojsinnerz said:
.Eric said:

smile.gif

Sorry about not using that post, I wanted to also know about the different sellers, so I did not know if my topic was completely relevent. I'll use it next time.

And I thought Jandaman was in the US because their address in "Contact US" is in Washington, but thanks for letting me know that. I would rather use RHS but I didn't know if it would be worth buying the CycloDS instead, because RHS is out of stock of it. I read all the reviews I was just looking for some personal input if the CycloDS was worth the extra ~$30 after shipping.

edit: I think I decided on the Supercard One.. How do I know if RHS has the newest version of it? It doesn't say V3 anywhere, and the box looks like the older version... http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sdhc-p-169.html

It says SCDS1 SDHC. Which means it's version 3. Also, they don't sell fake products.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Realhotstuff always sells the most recent products and they test all their flash cards before shipping. I highly recommend them, especially for U.S. buyers. Oh, you should leave now before Urza rapes you.

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for everyones help
smile.gif
I knew it wasn't fake, just wanted to make sure it was the newest version.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leetmod.com also ships very quickly to the U.S. and has excellent customer service.

CycloDS is a great cart if you think its extra features (which to be honest most people will never use) are worth the extra money.

The SCDS1 is cheaper than the CycloDS and has many of the same features (in fact, includes one or two that the CycloDS doesn't have) but its menu is somewhat complicated and not particularly responsive.

The Acekard 2 is cheaper still and has one of the nicest and most responsive menus available on any cart. It doesn't currently have those extra seldom-used features (real time state dumps, in-game menus, slow-motion, etc) that other two carts mentioned have, although there is a good possibility that it will in the future. Apparently there is a new menu for it coming out (AKBBS) that may give it slow-motion and a few other features.

-Bri

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Leetmod.com also ships very quickly to the U.S. and has excellent customer service.

CycloDS is a great cart if you think its extra features (which to be most people will never use) are worth the extra money.

The SCDS1 is cheaper than the CycloDS and has many of the same features (in fact, includes one or two that the CycloDS doesn't have) but its menu is somewhat complicated and not particularly responsive.

The Acekard 2 is cheaper still and has one of the nicest and most responsive menus available on any cart. It doesn't currently have those extra seldom-used features (real time state dumps, in-game menus, slow-motion, etc) that other two carts mentioned have, although there is a good possibility that it will in the future. Apparently there is a new menu for it coming out (AKBBS) that may give it slow-motion and a few other features.

-Bri

Thank you very much for that detailed response! It was just what I was looking for
smile.gif

The menu on the SCDS1 looks very confusing (was watching youtube videos) compared to the Acekard 2 menu system, so I think I may get the Acekard 2 (I also don't think I'll ever use slow down or any options like that). The CycloDS is out of stock in all the shops that I found in the US, so thats not really an option. Thanks Bri!
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. BTW, dealextreme.com is probably the cheapest place to buy from (the AK2 is $23 there), but definitely not the fastest. Leetmod.com is by far the fastest I've ordered from. I don't know much about the ones you mentioned in the O.P.

-Bri

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.Eric said:
Bri said:

CycloDS is a great cart if you think its extra features (which to be most people will never use) are worth the extra money.

-Bri

Thank you very much for that detailed response! It was just what I was looking for
smile.gif

The menu on the SCDS1 looks very confusing (was watching youtube videos) compared to the Acekard 2 menu system, so I think I may get the Acekard 2 (I also don't think I'll ever use slow down or any options like that). The CycloDS is out of stock in all the shops that I found in the US, so thats not really an option. Thanks Bri!
smile.gif

Actually, it really isn't that complicated. Just make a folder, and in the GUI, the folder will appear. Then click it, then off you go. That's all.

I don't understand why people say it's complicated. It's not that hard to figure everything out. Hell, without researching, etc, I figured out how to do everything in less than 10 minutes.

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
You're welcome. BTW, dealextreme.com is probably the cheapest place to buy from (the AK2 is $23 there), but definitely not the fastest. Leetmod.com is by far the fastest I've ordered from. I don't know much about the ones you mentioned in the O.P.

-Bri

Hmm, maybe I will try leetmod.com then. I couldn't find any post saying that they were legit, so I was going to order from RHS instead, but RHS is a lot more money as leetmod is cheaper and has free shipping!

ojsinnerz said:
.Eric said:
QUOTE(Bri @ Jun 3 2008, 08:22 PM) Leetmod.com also ships very quickly to the U.S. and has excellent customer service.

-Bri

smile.gif

smile.gif

Actually, it really isn't that complicated. Just make a folder, and in the GUI, the folder will appear. Then click it, then off you go. That's all.

I don't understand why people say it's complicated. It's not that hard to figure everything out. Hell, without researching, etc, I figured out how to do everything in less than 10 minutes.
Not complicated in that sense, but complicated on the gui on the DS. People say that the Acekard2 has a much nicer gui, but I think I will get the SCDS1 anyway

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leetmod.com is definitely legit and had excellent customer service when I ordered from them (they responded to my e-mails the same day). They tested my cart before sending it out to me, and my order arrived in two days!

-Bri

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Leetmod.com is definitely legit and had excellent customer service when I ordered from them (they responded to my e-mails the same day). They tested my cart before sending it out to me, and my order arrived in two days!

-Bri

Thanks for the information
smile.gif
I just ordered the SCDS1 from Realhotstuff.com before I read your reply but I will think about using leetmod.com in the future.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Eric said:
Bri said:

-Bri

Thanks for the information
smile.gif
I just ordered the SCDS1 from Realhotstuff.com before I read your reply but I will think about using leetmod.com in the future.
dont worry RHS is the tops when it comes to customer service as well as shipping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Thankfully the N64 had a metric ton of other fantastic games. I do kind of hate the controller...