Intercooler TS Poll

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by cracker, May 24, 2010.

?

Does the Intercooler TS help your 360?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It makes it worse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can't tell any difference

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 24, 2010

Intercooler TS Poll by cracker at 7:50 PM (924 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. cracker
    OP

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    I got an Intercooler TS at Game Crazy the other day because it was 20% off for their going out of business sale. I have had to open up my 360 a couple of times to fix heating/soldering problems even though it was refurbished with an X-Clamp fix so I was trying to use it as some insurance for my investment even though it has been working fine for a long time now. Not even 10 minutes into Just Cause 2 it RR'd! I took it off right away and started the 360 back up and it was fine for 2+ hours of play. I'm already set on returning it somehow (GC's sales are final now [​IMG]) but was wondering what other people's experiences with it have been.

2. lakaiskateboarding

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

It is said it makes it worse and it could very well be, if the fans of the intercooler are not quick enough to transport the air as fast as the air is, because of the Xbox´s fans.

3. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    It does make it worse. I owned two 360s. The first one, I slapped an intercooler on it right at the beginning, it lasted 6 months without RROD. Next one lasted 2 years. No Intercooler.

4. lakaiskateboarding

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

I guess it´s true then.

The way I fixed my RROD was heatgunning it. Right now I am making a case out of MDF with two 120MM fans. I hope that fixes the problem for a long time. If not, I´ll buy a new one and install it into my self made case.