Intellivision Lives coming to DS in 2009....possibly.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rayder, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I received a newsletter from http://intellivisiongames.com/ today. The DS version of Intellivision Lives (a compilation of Intellivision games) is ready to go, but they've had problems getting a publisher. The bad news for pirates is that they are hoping to make it available through the DSi's upcoming DSware download service.

Everything is still speculation at this point because Nintendo hasn't released any concrete information of how publishing on the DSi will really work yet. But Intellivision Lives is hoping this will be how they will be able to distribute the compilation.

Source

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I'd say that's bad news for more than just pirates. I don't really have much of an interest in the DSi, and a single Intellivision compilation is far from enough to convince me to get one. If it's released on DSWare, they're locking out the entire original/Lite DS-owning market.

3. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It worries me because I used to own an Intellivision and enjoyed many of its games. I tried the PC emu and it just sucks because of controlling issues. The DS is a perfect platform for the game, but if it's going to be a DSi exclusive thing, I'll never play it.....unless hackers find a way of making DSWare playable on a regular DS.

Another thing that annoys me is how publishers that WERE interested in the project are saying "...the projected return did not justify the capital expenditure..." in regards to making an actual cart of it, but they can release dozens of noobware horse games without a second thought. [​IMG]

Someone needs to screw all these corporate money-grubbers and make an Intellivision emu for the DS.

News such as this worries me because I can just see it now.....2D Metroid comes out and it's DSi-exclusive, only available through their DSWare service. Nintendo will give a big [​IMG] to anyone who resists purchasing yet another "upgrade" to the current DS. I already went from a DS phat to a DS lite. I don't plan to "upgrade" again to a DSi.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Meh I already have one of those plug in TV things which was only £5.99.

Get one of those instead if you can.

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    This reeks of Japan only release because the DSi Shop is region locked and with this, the US will be missing out on good downloads well unless you own a Japanese DSi.

6. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    SHIT! I had this 4 Ps2 and i know have to get a "dsi" to play it on Ds!

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Don't think so.

Europe will have the DSi by Spring according to NoE and anyway many titles announced now won't be release for ages anyway, also Intellivision was more popular in the US & Europe.

Just because a console isn't out for a long while doesn't mean a territory won't have the games announced for it.