cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to find the E8400 but haven't found one yet. Today I found the E3110 has the same specs as the E8400 and is a little cheaper and in-stock! The Xeon series are made for server and workstations so I heard. Will it make much of a difference if I use it as a replacement. I've heard it has a higher thermal spec and different voltage range. What does that mean? My guess is those effect how it overclocks right? If so how much?

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
cornaljoe said:
I've been trying to find the E8400 but haven't found one yet. Today I found the E3110 has the same specs as the E8400 and is a little cheaper and in-stock! The Xeon series are made for server and workstations so I heard. Will it make much of a difference if I use it as a replacement. I've heard it has a higher thermal spec and different voltage range. What does that mean? My guess is those effect how it overclocks right? If so how much?

They may have he same specs, but the E8400 will run about 20-40% faster clock to clock. I would just wait for a E8400.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't compare the two. One is meant for server uses, the other is meant for ordinary use such as gaming. Since I don't think you'd be setting up a server, you should get an E8400. It's like people comparing Nvidia Quadros to GeForces. You can't, 'cos they're both different classes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.