Intel vs. AMD

Which is better for pure performance? Intel or AMD.

• Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Verocity

Ö!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering what GBAtemp thinks is best for a processor in all over performance, is it Intel or AMD? Just think of the best processor that both makes and post your opinion.

Honestly I vote Intel, for the Intel Core 2 Quad. But people say that AMD is better for gaming, lets see the results..

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You're missing a third option: Tied up.
You're talking about quad core CPU, but would one ever use these pricey CPUs to their full potential ? Quad Core is too powerful for personal / general use.
AMD & Intel are not comparable, they're designed differently, even when comparing AMD Turion X2 with it's Intel counterpart.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
With the launch of the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad, Intel officially blew AMD out of the water.
woot~
Intel_Core_2_Extreme.png

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
with the Core 2 series, intel can crawl BACKWARDS and still be able to smoke AMD, totally in almost any app or game out there.

but if you got a P4 or anything like it, cry, because they suck compared to the Core 2 series
tongue.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I made the mistake of looking for a Core 2 Duo lappy under $800. I'm still determined to do so, but I guess I could fork out a little extra cause its worth it...

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone voting AMD hasn't kept up with the times. Summer of 2006 the C2D's went retail, and all the benchmarks show that an equivalent priced X2 gets blown out of the water.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
AMD is still in business right now because all there processors are less than $300 CDN (excluding FX-62 and Socket F). Intel processors are number one in performance and most likely will be for a while. AMD is in transition to 65nm and even when there new processors come out (Barcelona I think) Intel will take the C2D's to 45nm Penryn. Then it will repeat and Intel will go 32 nm with whatever its called and then Nehalem will come out for Intel etc.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a reason so many government agencies, servers, and important companies choose Intel. I have never had one fail me and I work on computers all of the time, I love them. It's personal preference, I have never really used an AMD processor (except in a couple of laptops which were the worst things I have ever used). If AMD made reliable products I would buy them, but that's not really the case in my experience. Red Side - ATI Intel, Screw the green.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Intel if you have alot of money to spend, and you need the fastest of the fast without clustering. AMD if you have a board that can support multiple CPUs or if you're a tightwad. AMD FTW tho, since all the Intels in my house are single core

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off topic but I bought a new PC last september with Intel Pentium D processor and just when I was taking the packaging off, the TV announces the new core duo 2 which pissed me off a little. Is it worth upgrading or is Pentium D good enough for processing my DVDs to AVI?

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Off topic but I bought a new PC last september with Intel Pentium D processor and just when I was taking the packaging off, the TV announces the new core duo 2 which pissed me off a little. Is it worth upgrading or is Pentium D good enough for processing my DVDs to AVI?

Wait til the prices of Intel Core Quadro comes down (4 freakin cores!!!), that will be outstanding for encoding.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why all you people still say that AMD's processors are better for gaming. That was a long time ago. The current lines of Core 2 Duo Intel processors blows AMD's current X2/FX line out of the water.

The only advantage AMD has over Intel is the pricing.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I don't know why all you people still say that AMD's processors are better for gaming. That was a long time ago. The current lines of Core 2 Duo Intel processors blows AMD's current X2/FX line out of the water.

The only advantage AMD has over Intel is the pricing.
And how many of us gamers are that rich?
smile.gif
Even a little difference is a big difference for us.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Intel Vs AMD argument is pretty subjective... for example AMD always used to smoke Intel on FPU performance, but I doubt many people here know what that means. In the end it always comes down to fanboyism opposed to real facts.

m68k FTW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM