• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 853
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello :)

I received a computer so that I could repair it and the customer handed me a windows XP cd with the product key. (Of course he is not planning to go online, he uses it to play retro games). But there is a problem (I think). He changed the drive from non SATA to SATA, and I have heard of having to install SATA drivers to it, otherwise the installer won’t recognize the drive. Is this step really necessary or can I just go to install the OS without doing it?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
If you can select the drive, it's likely not necessary. Otherwise, if it doesn't see the drive, you'll need to load in drivers at setup time in order for it to acknowledge the drive.

Best way to find out is try it and see. There's no long lasting damage in trying it and it failing.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you can select the drive, it's likely not necessary. Otherwise, if it doesn't see the drive, you'll need to load in drivers at setup time in order for it to acknowledge the drive.

Best way to find out is try it and see. There's no long lasting damage in trying it and it failing.
Just tried and it says no drive was detected. When the setup loads, it tells me that if I need to load sata drivers to press F6. And it gives me a list of options. Which should I choose?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg