Intec NGC Memory card Crashing my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Eden, Oct 8, 2008.

Oct 8, 2008
  1. Eden
    OP

Newcomer Eden Member

Canada
    So I swung by a local Future Shop to pick up a memory card to play a few GC games I wanted to catch up on. However, whenever the memory card is in either slot A or B and I press the power button on the console or controller, it crashes, the ready light turns off and I have to unplug the power to get it back on. When I turn it on without the memory card it works fine, then plug it in, it crashes immediately with the same symptoms.

I've returned and picked up a new one but it does the same thing. Has anyone run into this before?

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Wii has some compatibility issues with GC accessories. Such as the risk of data corruption on 1019 block cards, and a firmware update blocked unlicensed discs like Action Replay or Freeloader.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    My advice would be to get an official memory card, despite the difficulty of finding one as it is definitely going to work.

4. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Yes, all except the 1019. Which may corrupt when used on Wii.

5. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    I have an offbranded Gamecube memory card but it doesn't have that many blocks in it. Get a smaller one and you shouldn't have much trouble. Better yet, get an official one used from a gameshop or something.

Edit: If you happen to be in Downtown Toronto, there's a store called Gameshack near Yonge and Dundas which has used ones....there's also two just a bit north of Wellesley and South of Bloor.

6. Eden
    OP

Newcomer Eden Member

Canada
    Thanks for the info. One of the many EB games sprawled around the city got a Madcatz one in today, it worked out fine. Now it's time to finish up those Megaman X games!