ROM Hack Instead of trying to decrypt 6.x saves wouldn't be easier to...?

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all I'm not an hacker or a programmer but I was wondering 2 things, first of all, since homebrew may be run on 3DS with Gateway, wouldn't be easier to just make a memory scanner/hex editor/debugger like Cheat Engine (I got one on the smartphone too called GameCIH) which run in background with the game?

The 3DS seems to facilitate this too as every app can be even paused with the home button, so something like that could be done either in background during the game than by pausing and switching to home.

Or, Gateway could build his internal cheat engine like the other carts have. (I still have the DS with the CyclopsDS with his cheat system inbuilt)

Emulation would be the other perfect option, I remember I was able to do that with the DS, copy the save from DS to PC, import the save to No$GBA, open the game, cheat whatever I want with Cheat Engine or ArtMoney, save the game, re-import the save in the DS.

Now, as I said before, I'm not such as expert in that matter but why something like that has not been made already? Am I missing something?

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is but it only works on O3DS. ARCode
That looks cool but, before I even attempt to make it work, does O3DS means old 3DS?

Because I got 4.2.0-9E sysnand and gw3d 9.5.0-23E emunand, and looks like it won't work on that emunand, right?

Is there a way to make it work or downgrade emunand without losing your profile?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That looks cool but, before I even attempt to make it work, does O3DS means old 3DS?

Because I got 4.2.0-9E sysnand and gw3d 9.5.0-23E emunand, and looks like it won't work on that emunand, right?

Is there a way to make it work or downgrade emunand without losing your profile?
Downgrading with 3DNUS should be possible.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Cool, is that a safe process like upgrading so I don't lose profiles, DLC's, console ID, etc.?
You won't lose anything as long as you do it correctly and don't brick your emuNAND. Downgrading is trickier than upgrading, since you have to make sure you downgrade everything that was updated between the firmware you were on, and the one you updated to. I don't know if anyone has actually tried it yet, but it's certainly possible. Someone else will have to help you with the details though.

You can always back up your emuNAND with emuNAND Tool beforehand, so if you do brick the emuNAND or lose your data somehow, you can restore.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll ask in the 3DNUS thread, thanks.
Yeah, do that. Someone in that thread will be able to walk you through the process.

The only thing you need to downgrade in emuNAND is the browser, because the one you've got installed now won't work.

Basically it goes like this; download exploitable browser with 3DNUS and devmenu 6.20 repack. Boot into Gateway mode, install devmenu 6.20, run it and uninstall the current browser then install the exploitable one. Done.

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, do that. Someone in that thread will be able to walk you through the process.

The only thing you need to downgrade in emuNAND is the browser, because the one you've got installed now won't work.

Basically it goes like this; download exploitable browser with 3DNUS and devmenu 6.20 repack. Boot into Gateway mode, install devmenu 6.20, run it and uninstall the current browser then install the exploitable one. Done.
Yeah I did it by just spoofing the browser version to an higher one and importing updating the cia without uninstalling the previous one and it worked, already using ARcodes and they work.

All good.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I did it by just spoofing the browser version to an higher one and importing updating the cia without uninstalling the previous one and it worked, already using ARcodes and they work.

All good.
for o3ds 4.x use gateway and ntr cfw 1.0 cheat plugin
for n3ds use sky3ds and ntr cfw 2.1 cheat plugin

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for o3ds 4.x use gateway and ntr cfw 1.0 cheat plugin
for n3ds use sky3ds and ntr cfw 2.1 cheat plugin
I just mentioned NTR CFW on the Spider ARCode thread as you mentioned it here. I asked clarification about it there, so if you want to answer go there so I won't ask the same question in this thread.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all I'm not an hacker or a programmer but I was wondering 2 things, first of all, since homebrew may be run on 3DS with Gateway, wouldn't be easier to just make a memory scanner/hex editor/debugger like Cheat Engine (I got one on the smartphone too called GameCIH) which run in background with the game?

The thing about this solution is that cheating is not the only thing you get out of 6.x saves.
Using 6.x saves in Classic mode while having the DS Profile entrypoint instead of constant internet sure would be convenient.

Brewzip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

If I update to 9.6 emuNAND and then downgrade only the browser to an exploitable version (eg 9.2), can ir run via classic mode/rxTools?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?