OP
Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Wiikey.jpg

Although it's wiikey, the one who installed it like that said it works perfect.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I am of the opinion electrical tape is thinking mans duct tape it should really only be used to cover joins/live components, not to mention you will never get enough force in there to survive the slightest of knocks.

That conductive polymer glue/cement thread I linked earlier is about your best option if you really, really do not want to solder.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
teonintyfive: If you looked closely at the picture, you'll see that the wires are still soldered to the chip and the board. I wouldn't recommend using the tape at all. They're not exactly strong and you'll find yourself disassembling it a lot.

Oh and can I have the link for the conductive polymer glue? Is that a last resort kinda thing?

aesthetics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe i should clear this up as it is my install that you are referencing. there is no way in hell that you can install a chip with electrical tape only.

The electrical tape on my install is holding the excess wire down to the board that is it, all the connections to the points have been soldered using solder and flux. No tape, no matter what sort, is going to hold those sort of connections together.

Sorry to blow your theory but it aint going to happen.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy some heatsink paste cant remember its name its went outta my head

its a conductor and just spread it over each pin, tape it down like HELL, worth a shot

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT! you cant get it off and its not conductive... = say goodbye to all mods.
EDIT: (above referring to hot glue, you can use the gun itself as a makeshift iron ONLY IF YOU HAVE TO. pads will be lifted.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte