Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I begin, lemme start off with this:

1. This is not my Wii, this is my cousin's, he asked me for help with this.
2. I cannot install BootMii on his Wii.
3. His wii is running 4.3U

Now lemme explain...

My cousin got his Wii a while ago, however, it was already hacked, and already had a theme. However, my cousin does not want to use this theme. Though I can install any theme made for 4.3U, it does not have any brick protection. I want to know if there is something else I can use...? I know BootMii is the best brick protection, though I can't install it. I don't know what to do, I know I can install if I know what I'm doing, though I would like to have some protection in case it all fails.

Any Ideas?

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about it, doesn't Priiloader, well, not work, if the Wii bricks?

I heard it installs as a part of the System Menu....

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the hackmii folder from mod mii. run that just like any app. it will load with the screen that you see when you,first hack (press 1). this will give you all the info on why or if you can load/install bootmii either as an ios or as boot2. while in modmii go in to the wizard.(first line you see on main screen). answer all the questions. this will also set up priiloader to a file.(copy to sd).
do the hackmii first to make sure you can't install bootmii. also mod mii has menu's to download. never install menu as wad. they will defiantly cause brick. all ways use .csm.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already did that, that's how I know I can't install it.
did the bootmii put a text file on sd crd saying why it couldn't load? an is there mod chip involved? you can still add priiloader, you just will not have the benefit of doing nand dump/restore, if things go south.
n every app on mod mii is safe. it's been tested over an over. there are plenty of people here on gba that i know don't have bootmii/priiloader.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
never install menu as wad. they will defiantly cause brick. all ways use .csm.
not true. If you're not following a ModMii guide or if you don't know what you're doing, they can be dangerous, but they're perfectly safe if used properly

@OP, you should make sure u have proper brick protection in place (bootmii, nand backup, priiloader), if u need help doing so, as others have suggested, u can use ModMii

if u just want to restore the original SM theme on a 4.3U wii, launch mymenuify mod and install 00000097.app (both available via ModMii's download page 3)

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought about it, doesn't Priiloader, well, not work, if the Wii bricks?

I heard it installs as a part of the System Menu....
i see you have already installed a new theme but i just had to comment on this post
my wii only has bootmii as ios so i use priiloader as my brick protection
priiloader works great at fixing theme bricks and i should know ive theme bricked my wii too many times to count as we made new edits to the system menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, to answer your question, they're a fusion Brit-pop/J-pop/electronic band with a woman...