Installing Wii games as channels and playing them off of SD card

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by carre89, Jan 25, 2015.

1. carre89
    OP

carre89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Hello,

I am trying to setup a Wii for my 3 year old niece and I would like to have a disc-less, hard drive less setup. From some brief searching I have found Loadstructor which creates an installable WAD file that creates a Wii channel to directly boot the game. I haven't been able to test it out because I cannot find the program online - all the links on the author's website is dead. My questions are,

Can I install and play Wii games from the homescreen? Can it be done with Scandisk Extreme 64gb SDXC?

I have searched the forums and from what I can gather is that the old Wii - not the new mini Wii supports some SDXC cards and loadstructor only support loading Wii games off of the hard drive but I cannot confirm because I cannot find the program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Andrew

2. gburgue

gburgue GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    Argentina
    I would suggest you take a look at Crap (or WiiGSC) homebrew app.

3. carre89
    OP

carre89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Is there a guide on how to using it? Like what USB loaders to use, where to get the banner, which games cause banner bricks etc.

4. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    WiiGSC is pretty straightforward. It also does not require you to have a usbloader program installed like gx or wiiflow. Just pick the ISO or wbfs file and choose the "recommended" loader. It creates the channel with banners and everything. Games that will banner brick are "A boy and his blob", "Mario Party 9" and something else I can't remember. WIIGSC has a built in list of the games and will not make a channel for them.

As always make sure you have bootmii or priiloader before installing these channels just in case.

[Edit] It also lets you choose if loading from sd or usb when creating the channel. I used it on my wii and it worked fine. Been too afraid to use it so much on the vwii because of the lack of brick protection.