Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i am wondering if this is/will be possible. To install a WAD onto your SD card instead of the Wii menu, then be played of it without installing it. Like when ever you download one from nintendo, you choose SD or Wii. I hope that it will be possible with wad manager
smile.gif

I know i havent been the first one to get a banner brick from installing a messed up Wad on my wii, 2 weeks ago, i bricked my 3rd wii, (2nd one with banner brick)
This would really reduce the amount of people bricking their wiis. I hope i got some of you thinking
wink.gif

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
atm, wad manager installs both channels and tickets to nand. then you have to manually copy each channel over to the SD card. it would be a good idea to have wad manager install channel on SD and then tickets into nand.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vegemikee said:
atm, wad manager installs both channels and tickets to nand. then you have to manually copy each channel over to the SD card. it would be a good idea to have wad manager install channel on SD and then tickets into nand.

Maybe a bit easier to extract the wads on the computer, copy the tickets to nand and rest to sd?

Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
vegemikee said:

Maybe a bit easier to extract the wads on the computer, copy the tickets to nand and rest to sd?

Yeah, like in with bannerbomb, or the twilight hack(its a save, i no)
but how would be extract it?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ugothacked said:
longtom1 said:
have you not heard of Triiforce and Triiforcemrc

Yeah, but does it display the full banner/icon? And what about animation? It's not really what I am talking about. I mean so we can play the off the SD card menu on 4.0+
Seriously? That's why you want something like this? Only because of the ugly Banners? Not more? If you would have said that you don't want to use Triiforce because of some compatibility issues, ok, but only because it won't display banners? That's just stupid like nothing.

Well, as far as I know the "magic key" is missing which Nintendo uses for this, and we won't get this key in the next time, probably even never. If you are too lazy to move your installed .wads to the SD, or use Triiforce, then I have a simple solution for you:

Don't pirate!

Easy, huh? Your arguments are stupid and invalid. Use Priiloader for Brick-Protection, and spend some seconds to move them to the SD, or leave it.

Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Ugothacked said:
longtom1 said:

Yeah, but does it display the full banner/icon? And what about animation? It's not really what I am talking about. I mean so we can play the off the SD card menu on 4.0+
Seriously? That's why you want something like this? Only because of the ugly Banners? Not more? If you would have said that you don't want to use Triiforce because of some compatibility issues, ok, but only because it won't display banners? That's just stupid like nothing.

Well, as far as I know the "magic key" is missing which Nintendo uses for this, and we won't get this key in the next time, probably even never. If you are too lazy to move your installed .wads to the SD, or use Triiforce, then I have a simple solution for you:

Don't pirate!

Easy, huh? Your arguments are stupid and invalid. Use Priiloader for Brick-Protection, and spend some seconds to move them to the SD, or leave it.

Read what i wrote carefully please. And preloader doesnt always work, I got 2 wiis right now and i get an error with priiloader, preloader .29/.30 And one of my friends bricked his wii installing it. look at all the post saying that preloader has bricked their wii, you will find a bunch my friend
unsure.gif
Triiforce is only for wii ware/VC

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Nintendo should add a "Bulk Move" in 4.3...that'd speed things up. I'll agree that wanting it for banners is quite dumb, but sometimes its nice to see the animations...

Either way, making a Wad Manager to do this would be difficult, because when you move the item with the wii menu, it encrypts and combines the data into a content.bin before moving it. You can't just drop the TMD and ticket on the NAND and throw the .app files in a folder somewhere. The SD Key is on hackmii.

QUOTE said:
2 weeks ago, i bricked my 3rd wii,
Ouch.

Not sure why you had such bad luck with preloader. There are a few times when preloader's a PITA to install, but the hassle may be worth it if it means not bricking your (4th) wii. Some wiis supposedly bricked by preloader are repairable. It's usually a missing patch on the menu IOS.

If you really detest preloader, install the rescue menu hacks from startpatch and use SmashStack (if you're NTSC-U) or Indiana Pwns to unbrick.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ugothacked said:
Blue-K said:
Ugothacked said:
longtom1 said:

Don't pirate!

Read what i wrote carefully please. And preloader doesnt always work, I got 2 wiis right now and i get an error with priiloader, preloader .29/.30 And one of my friends bricked his wii installing it. look at all the post saying that preloader has bricked their wii, you will find a bunch my friend
unsure.gif
Triiforce is only for wii ware/VC

On a more constructive note, you could try Sneek [if you can request the beta still] or something called Banakoko Patcher that I never quite got working. You can find it on the skeen forums I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool