Hacking Installing WAD's manually to SD card?

WhySoSerious70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing Wiiware and VC titles to the Wii and then transferring them to the SD card takes forever. Is there anyway to extract the WAD and then put it on your SD on the PC?

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, I'm not gonna flame you personally, this is just a general statement....

Why do we want "our sh*t quick" for??? We are getting this stuff for free, what is another few minutes in transfering the VC and WiiWare games over to the SD card? Oooooh, it took up so much time that I can't play that extra level of (insert game here).

Come one people, be happy and appreciative that we have this technology and the fact that there are people out there that give up there game/free time to develop this stuff for the masses to enjoy.

An extra couple of minutes (as far as gaming goes) isn't gonna kill anyone (in real life)....
smile.gif

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sorta have the same question. I don't care how fast it goes I'm just wondering if you have to install to NAND before copying to the SD or can you just place them in a folder on the SD (if so what dir) I also agree that 3 min isn't going to kill anybody.

Zendeavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally like to have a PC app that could install vc/wiiware straight to SD also, and I don't even bother playing vc/wiiware games. The idea just struck me yesterday and I've been desiring it ever since, but I am not pressuring anyone for it.

quitcher cryin' boy, nothing wrong with asking a question about it.

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gblock247 said:

Why do we want "our sh*t quick" for??? We are getting this stuff for free, what is another few minutes in transfering the VC and WiiWare games over to the SD card? Oooooh, it took up so much time that I can't play that extra level of (insert game here).

Come one people, be happy and appreciative that we have this technology and the fact that there are people out there that give up there game/free time to develop this stuff for the masses to enjoy.

An extra couple of minutes (as far as gaming goes) isn't gonna kill anyone (in real life)....
smile.gif

I personally think that it would be better for the NAND's health, but the time saved wouldnt hurt.

I sure hope that the next WAD Manager will have an option to install to the SD or NAND.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gblock247 said:
smile.gif
A general statement, that happens to be a flame on the OP too?
wink.gif

What's up with you? No one said that waiting for "An extra couple of minutes" could "kill anyone". It was a pretty simple question the OP asked and you didn't even attempt to answer.
You ask "Why do we want "our sh*t quick" for???" and I say we don't. I'd like this to happen and one of the reasons is that it will be quicker. I'm not speaking for the community or anyone other than myself though. Perhaps you meant "me" as in yourself?QUOTE(mydarxide @ Apr 2 2009, 08:48 AM) So I am assuming that you can't install drectly to SD yet that is all I wanted to know
AFAIK you assume correctly. No publicly available way yet.
I'd expect to see something in the near future if it is indeed possible to do.

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks shtonkalot, You gave the most helpful reply of the thread. it is great that some people post to help and not just to bitch about someone's question. Thank you again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol