kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So...Is it similar to just playing isos where I burn the game to a disk and just start playing it? I read it after search engining but I am a bit confused... I read there is like a program that has a specific way of installing the WAD file? -.-
I don't know, this is just a bit over my head, can someone help me understand how it works?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
burning a "ISO IMAGE" is completely different to "WADS" both are "PIRACY" but anyway, to install "fake signed titles WADS" e.g. VC, WIIWARE, CUSTOM CHANNELS, SYSTEM FILES, IOS'S, CIOS's, you need to have the application or channel of wad manager, this can be found on wiibrew.org or search on here in downloads or custom channels on the search....

I'm sure i don't need to explain the process of playing a backup through disc channel

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The short answer - A wad is just a file that can install things on your wii. It could be a system type file like an IOS needed to run a game, or it could be a VC or Wiiware game.

The way to install a wad is to use a wad manager, most commonly run through the Homebrew Channel.

The Homebrew channel is installed via an exploit using the game Twilight princess and a hacked save file.

We can give you an answer better suited to you if we know just how much YOU know. Do you have a mod chip in your wii? Have you ever used the twilight hack or installed the homebrew channel?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
So...Is it similar to just playing isos where I burn the game to a disk and just start playing it? I read it after search engining but I am a bit confused... I read there is like a program that has a specific way of installing the WAD file? -.-
I don't know, this is just a bit over my head, can someone help me understand how it works?
So, from this I gather you have a modchip and want to play games available through the Wii Shop. To do this, there are several things you need.

Firstly, what version is your system menu? You can chck by going into the options menu of your Wii and looking in the top right corner. If it is 3.4 you may be stuck for a while.

If it is not 3.4, then can you access the Shop Channel?

If you can, you will probably need to downgrade.

If not, you should be fine. Get a copy of the game Zelda: Twilight Princess, and the save file found here. Put that save file on the Wii through an SD card.

That will allow you to get programs running on your Wii like the .wad Manager. Find a copy of the .wad Manager program, made by Waninkoko, and the .wad you need to install.

You need to then put the .wad Manager onto your SD card, and the .wad file/s you want to install. Then just trigger the Twilight Hack, and the .wad files should install onto your Wii.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any SD card will work. If you have one in your Digital camera, perfect! Access it via your computer (how ever you do that), and put all the files you need on it. Homebrew Channel installer, WADManager, WADs, and other files/programs you find you might want to use. Pop the SD card into your Wii, and install away.

A WAD is like the Setup.exe file you'd download from the internet. It has the game inside it, you just can't use it the way it is. WADManager is the program that "installs" the game on your Wii so it's playable.

WADs come in all shapes and sizes, from Pirated VC and WiiWare, to Homebrew and Emulators. One set of WADs you'll find all over GBATemp is the "Backup Loaders" that "softmod" your Wii and allow it to play SOME backup games without the need for a modchip.

There are detailed guides on how to use WADManager, as well as other homebrew software over at http://wiibrew.org ... I suggest you check it out!

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah...That's a pretty clear explanation
smile.gif

Thanks again,
Kevin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo