Hacking Installing WAD to emulated Nand via wad manager

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an emulated nand up and going, finally. I loaded up the emulated Nand with bootmii and started up WAD Manager app through the Homebrew Filter Channel. The Wad manager ask what IOS to use I selected 80. It asked the source. I selected USB Mass storage device as i could not get the emulated Nand sys menu to see my SD card. I guess because it is using the SD card as if it was the wii's nand? I selected the WAD and hit Install. It took forever to install but it does show up in the Emulated Nand's system Menu as a channel. It does not show up on the regular system menu. It does play. My question is, did I do this correct or is it still installing the regular way and using my Wii's system memory?

I don't see any new files on my USB drive or SD card after i insatlled the Wad.

I hope this makes sense to you guys.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The way I read this, it looks like you did everything correct.
I assume you used sneek which keeps the emulated nand on your sd card.
Uneek does the same but keeps the emulated nand on the root of your harddisk.
You should notice that you can't locate the installed wad on your real nand.
The number of free blocks won't change from the install.

Your emulated nand is a bunch of folders, and the install of the wad added some stuff to the title0010001 folder
It created a subfolder with a 4 hex digit name. If you convert those hex to ascii, you will have the 4 letter id code of the wad you installed.
It also created a file in the ticket0010001 folder with the extension tik.

If you want to install a lot of VC Wiiware on your emulated nand, you can also use the pc showmiiwads program.
It allows manipulation of the emulated nand on a pc, and works a little faster than installing them on the wii with wadmanager.

Be aware that the system menu showup can become slow when a lot of vc - wiiware is installed on the emulated nand.
I am working on a system now with an option to set vc - wiiware hidden for the system menu.
I hope to get cooperation with stfour so that I can use his postloader to show those vc - wiiware and use it as an option to launch system menu hidden channels.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
obcd said:
I hope to get cooperation with stfour so that I can use his postloader to show those vc - wiiware and use it as an option to launch system menu hidden channels.

obcd, under neek postLoader is allready showing vc, wiiware and system channels...

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@stfour

I know, but I would like to add the feature that hides VC and Wiiware to the system menu, so that a filled emulated nand doesn''t slow down system menu loading anymore.

As an extra, I would like to reenable hard drive acces in uneek, so that homebrew can be loaded from harddisk in uneek(+di) as well.

The idea is to have programs that work on real nand and uneek system the same, so that you don't need separate versions for each system.

I modified a version of mighty channels and inserted the hide functions. It works, but if I try to launch it from priiloader, It gives me a dsi exception.

As I still needed something for homebrew as well, and I saw postloader coming mature....You know what's following...

So I worked a little on the priiloader problems in uneek, and found out that it's the uneek overlay menu kicking in after 10 seconds causing problems.
As the Priiloader launches the system menu itself, Uneek can't know when the actual system menu is running and when it's safe to enable the menu overlay functions.

QUOTE said:
If you rename the font.bin in your sneek folder, the neek menu overlay functions become disabled, and priiloader setup works fine in neek.

There still is however an issue if you let it return to the system menu. While everything seems to go normally, the Video doesn't come up. A short push on the reset button reloads the system menu as expected, so it's not a hang.

This is pretty much what is keeping me busy for the moment. I would like to get priiloader stable in neek. Somehow it's doing something to the Video that causes the sysmenu not to show anything. If I launch a channel from priiloader, it shows it's output fine.

Wii_moron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Showmiiwads was way faster that using WAD Manager. It took seconds where WAD Manager took over an hour.

But...

To install the DLC wads it says I need to check my point on the Wii Shop channel but the Wii SHop is asking my to perform a system update. Do I? Remember this is all running through the emulated nand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?