Installing USB version of a game and DLC/Saved Games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by PetitMagique, Nov 7, 2016.

1. PetitMagique
    OP

PetitMagique GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    So I own legit copies of MK8 and all the DLC. If I install the USB version and play it will I lose all my save progress? Also, will I be able to access DLC or will I need to redownload and reinstall it?

2. Edizius

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    ... and is it legit to install a USB version and/or DLCs if I own "only" the disc and the DLCs for the disc version?

3. PetitMagique
    OP

PetitMagique GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Those are all great questions, but NOT what I asked. However, I do appreciate the sarcasm . . .

4. DaBlackDeath

DaBlackDeath .::[ lone wolf ]::.

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    You should check where your savegame and DLC are stored. If it's internal you should move it to USB before installing the game with wupinstaller. Then you can continue with your save and DLC.

5. DanTheMan827

DanTheMan827 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Make sure everything is located wherever you install the game to (USB or NAND)

As long as everything is located on the same storage device it will work just fine

6. apt4893

apt4893 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Canada
    My suggestion too is if you're not sure, make a backup using ddd or saviine to your computer, as well as COPY your save from your USB drive to the system (so two saves) then try to load