Hacking Installing Update of a Legit Game Installed To Internal Memory

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello:

I know this must have been asked a bunch of times. I did search but found a lot of people trying to update "backups", and this situation is a bit more specific.

Anyway, I have a legit copy of Hollow Knight on my Switch's internal memory downloaded from the eShop. The final update came out recently and I'd like to install it to my copy so I can use my save data. I'd be using an update I found from the dark site.

How can I apply the update to a game located on internal memory? Is there anything specific I need to do?

Thank you for the help as always

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello:

I know this must have been asked a bunch of times. I did search but found a lot of people trying to update "backups", and this situation is a bit more specific.

Anyway, I have a legit copy of Hollow Knight on my Switch's internal memory downloaded from the eShop. The final update came out recently and I'd like to install it to my copy so I can use my save data. I'd be using an update I found from the dark site.

How can I apply the update to a game located on internal memory? Is there anything specific I need to do?

And you can't update via eshop?
If it is on the internal storage, just reboot without SD and download it from eshop.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: mranonymous

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just install the update like you would any other .NSP. It doesn't make a difference functionally where its installed but obviously if its installed on the SD card, the update won't be applied unless the SD card is inserted.

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello:

You u have a legit copy of hollow knight? So boot to the normal OS hit the + on the game and update software?

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You u have a legit copy of hollow knight? So boot to the normal OS hit the + on the game and update software?

Thanks a lot, everything worked. I always just assume that nothing is safe from a ban, lol. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that even just going online with OFW could cause a ban, because Nintendo scans your system and can recognize CFW or pirated NSPs or something. Hard to keep track of what is/isn't a ban threat these days.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot, everything worked. I always just assume that nothing is safe from a ban, lol. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that even just going online with OFW could cause a ban, because Nintendo scans your system and can recognize CFW or pirated NSPs or something. Hard to keep track of what is/isn't a ban threat these days.

If your running nsp or xci or using cfw in any form or have used then do not go online period...You may get flagged for a ban, or just be banned straight..

If you are not using cfw and have not messed with your console ... then to update the game you own, just use the eshop like normal... and or the update notification for the game.

Like i said if you run any cfw or home brew and go online your probably in for a ban or flag for ban

Last edited by Canna,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...