Hacking Homebrew Installing Tiramisu - WiiU Skips to blue screen menu?

purplekitti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. Apologies for the newbie question.
I am trying to install Tiramisu on my Wii U. I am using a popular text guide on the internet - however, where the console should show a black screen and allow me to backup my NAND, it instead seems to skip over this step and takes me to a blue menu screen that has two menu items, Default and Tiramisu.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Apologies again for the noob question, I hope someone can help. Thank you in advance!

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're probably holding the wrong button. If I remember right, you hold the B button to get to the screen that you are talking about. The environment loader screen comes up when you hold the X button.

purplekitti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're probably holding the wrong button. If I remember right, you hold the B button to get to the screen that you are talking about. The environment loader screen comes up when you hold the X button.
Nope - I've done it several times. Definitely the B button that I was holding down. I thought this might've been the issue so I tried holding X instead and yep, same thing.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all. Apologies for the newbie question.
I am trying to install Tiramisu on my Wii U. I am using a popular text guide on the internet - however, where the console should show a black screen and allow me to backup my NAND, it instead seems to skip over this step and takes me to a blue menu screen that has two menu items, Default and Tiramisu.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Apologies again for the noob question, I hope someone can help. Thank you in advance!
Good morning,

does your card have enough space? ? ,, FAT32 ??

purplekitti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does have enough space and was also correctly formatted. So, I just skipped the backup and went for the install. I don't have micro soldering skills to restore the NAND anyway if I brick it.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You weren't holding B long enough. You hold it until you get the black screen.
^- This. Also you can (and should, really HIGHLY recommended, esp with the unbricking methods popping up lately) still do a NAND backup after installing Tiramisu or Aroma. Just hold B while booting the console.

In case the menu doesn't pop up there must be something wrong on your end. So redownload the package from either tiramisu.foryour.cafe or aroma.foryour.cafe, extract the content to your SD card (overwriting existing files) and try again. In case that still doesn't work try a none-fake SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free