Installing the basics: Homebrew Channel and Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gio Brusca, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Gio Brusca
    OP

Gio Brusca Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Hey guys, first post here and I was wondering if you could help me install the homebrew channel and Nintendont on my vwii. So, I'm going to post a step by step guide of what im doing, if anything is wrong please correct me.

1. Get Super Smash Bros Brawl and a 2GB SD card.
    Question: i have a 32gb SDHC card but I read that it will not work with smash stack. Can I just get a 2GB normal SD card, install the homebrew channel on it using smash stack, then copy all of the files on it, to the 32GB SDHC one?

2. Format the SD card to Fat and default.

3. Put in smash and when it asks to create a save file say yes

4. Go to the custom stage builder and delete the 3 default ones.

5. Go back to the main smash bros menu and insert the SD card.

6. Open the stage builder again and the exploit should load.

7. Install the homebrew channel

8. Put Nintendont on the SD card.
    Question: Do i need to install any cios's or do anything else if im just going to play nintendont?

9. Play gamecube games

Thanks a bunch guys. I just love my wii U and don't want anything to happen to it.

2. Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio Super Genius

Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Rosalina's Comet Observatory
    1. You can temporarily format your 32GB SD card with FAT16 so it will work with the exploit using my program here. If that doesn't work, then buy a 2GB SD card.

8. Nintendont does not need any cIOSes installed, but it may need vWii IOS58. Just try it without installing anything first, then if that doesn't work please post your Nintendont problems here.

3. Gio Brusca
    OP

Gio Brusca Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Ok! I will try everything next weekend thanks :) last question: How could I remove everything to make the vwii back to stock?

4. Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio Super Genius

Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Rosalina's Comet Observatory
    Currently, you can't. Maybe later something will let you do that from the Wii U side...