Installing rxTools (or other CFW) with Smash Bros hax?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Coover55, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Coover55
    OP

Coover55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Hey everybody.

Okay, I'm not entirely sure I'm breaking the rule here by asking this, but I don't seem to be, as the note above ("There is currently no way to install CIA files and use CFW on System Menu versions above 9.2 or when using ninjhax2/tubehax/ironhax. Please, do not ask how to install CIAs or when you will be able to do it.") only mentions ninjhax2, tubehax, and ironhax, which I already know work only up to 10.2 for ironhax at best, and only if you downloaded the game back in September. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and shoot.

My 3DS is currently on 10.3.0-28U, and I currently have the demo for Super Smash Bros available on my DS for about two or three more goes. It recently came to my attention that smashbroshax works with the demo version of the game, and although I don't quite understand the installation method to it's entirety, I wanted to ask (before I get into actually trying it) if it were at all possible to install any kind of CFW, or run an emuNAND with smashbroshax using my 3DS at it's current version.

I really hope this is possible, because I can't exactly go back in time to un-update my 3DS.

Thanks,
    -Coover.
    (P.S.: I like to think I know what I'm talking about, but as tech-savvy as I am, I have yet to do anything as towards actually modding my 3DS. I've researched it tons though. So just try to go easy on me and put everything in layman's terms as if you were talking to someone who bought their 3DS yesterday.)

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    There is currently no way to install CIA files and use CFW on System Menu versions above 9.2 or when using ninjhax2/tubehax/ironhax.

This includes Smashbroshax, Menuhax and any other hax that ends with hax...

Ammako likes this.
  3. Coover55
    OP

Coover55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Right, then I'll ask a different question which will probably sound even more ridiculous but hey... can't hurt to try.

I bought an R4 SDHC Dual-Core card (not the Gold edition, unfortunately... that was a mistake on my end) 2016. I understand it's only meant for running NDS games, but is there some way at all that I can perhaps make it run any 3DS game? Install a CIA? Perhaps by changing the software I have on the miniSD card?

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    There is zero chances you could do any of that. You can only play DS games in a DS flashcart.

The only flashcart that can allow you to play 3DS roms in your 10.3 New 3DS is called Sky3ds+

5. Coover55
    OP

Coover55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Mexico
    It's not a New 3DS, it's an Old model

6. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Same thing applies.

By the way Ninjhax and oothax actually work in 10.3

(Also Ironhax but only if you had the old version that was already removed).

You could get a Sky3ds+, load a Cubic Ninja rom in it and run homebrew that way.

But at $80 pricepoint you could also get a >=9.2 2DS/3DS instead...

7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well to put it easily,

At the moment you can absolutely do nothing in cfw or Emunand direction. There are basically only two things you can do to run backups:

1. Buy a sky3ds
    2. Sell your 3ds and get one at or below 9.2

I did the latter just recently and had absolutely no idea of cfw like two weeks ago. Managed to get everything up and running from scratch in around two hours. That took a heckload of preparation and reading tons of tutorials though.

8. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Do you realize that you could have spent 5 minutes to read a few posts above and realized that those things have already been said? :glare:...

9. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
  10. Coover55
    OP

Coover55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Mexico
    What about using something like homemenuhax on a 9.9.0-26U system? (My brother's 3DS XL Old)

Last edited by Coover55, Dec 11, 2015
  11. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No. Just no. While you can use ninjhax to run homebrew on higher firmwares than 9.2, there is absolutely no way to install cfw on anything beyond 9.2, at least for now.

12. Coover55
    OP

Coover55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Alright. I'm really starting to think I'll just buy a new 3DS, then. On that note, what's the lowest possible OFW version the 3DS can be at and still be capable of installing a CFW? I keep hearing 4.3 or somewhere around there. I assume that it should be possible / relatively easy (or, rather, easier than some exploits) to do on a 5.1.0-11U system. I found one on eBay for about $100.

P.S.: What exploit / hax would I need to use for Homebrew? Currently, browserhax doesn't work as it just sends me back to the Home Screen with a message that says the browser needs to be updated before being used.

Last edited by Coover55, Dec 11, 2015
  13. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    That I'm not sure about. The last number before the U matters at well.

I did my exploit and cfw install on 9.0 n3ds just yesterday. While it was relatively complicated to understand at first, it worked with almost no problems and the one little thing I had was solved here quite quickly. Once it runs safely there is almost no reason to change a running system, at least for now, so once you're set up then it's easy going.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Dec 11, 2015
    Ammako likes this.