Installing patched ios60

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by desh_thiere, Nov 12, 2011.

Nov 12, 2011

Installing patched ios60 by desh_thiere at 1:51 AM (1,443 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. desh_thiere
    OP

Member desh_thiere GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey guys,

I have not updated my softmodded wii in ages and today I went and used Pimp My Wii to bring it all up to date in preparation for Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Anyway, it all went well, I can launch games fine using Wiiflow and my external drive. However, when I went to launch wiiware games off my SD card, it just says failure to launch. I read around and I believe this is due to the fact that Pimp My Wii removed the trucha signed ios60 that enabled me to launch games from the SD card.

I am on system menu 4.1E, so I believe it still used ios60 for wiiware launching from the SD card. The games launch fine from the wii's internal memory of course, jyst not from SD.

So, I want to repatch my ios60. What is the best way for me to do this? I read about DOP-IOS MOD but I want to be 100% sure I do this right and don't brick anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Lol, you turned to Brick My Wii for safety?

Just use ModMii (link in my sig) to resoftmod your Wii and get rid of all the crap Brick My Wii installed.

3. desh_thiere
    OP

Australia
    Well I used pimp my wii as from reading around it seemed to be the easiest way to get everything back up to date. It worked fine and I am playing Skyward Sword with no issues.

I don't really want to go through the whole softmod process again as that heightens the chance of something going wrong and bricking. All I want to do is to reinstall a trucha patched ios60. Surely there is an easier way to do that then to use modmii to redo everything.

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Well BrickMyWii (ever wonder how it got that name?) installs a crappy setup, which is why I suggested you use ModMii to fix it. Part of the install process involves patching IOS60. It really won't take you that long, and it is extremely safe.

5. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just use ModMii.

Think, do you want a Wii which will have major problems down the line?

Or would you follow a simple guide which will do what you want and a shitload more helpful things so your Wii won't be fucked in the future?

Choose.

6. desh_thiere
    OP

Australia
    Ok, so I plan on doing this at some point today. If I just do the option in Modmii wizard to simply rehack and update all my files, it should be fine? I am assuming that when I do the install IOS stage through MMM it will just overwrite all of the wads already installed and fix my SD card loading issue?

If I follow the generated guide, there should be no issues right? I am not a total idiot, but it has been many many months since I have read up on the wii hacking scene.

Also, I have bootmii installed as boot2 as my wii is a launch model. I was going to skip the priiloader step as I already have brick protection through bootmii and a NAND backup on an SD card that I keep very safe :) I do not care about any of the hacks that priiloader offers, so should I just skip that step entirely?

Also, with bootmii installed as boot2, if anything does go wrong, I should simply be able to put in the SD with the bootmii files and NAND backup on it, boot into bootmii and recover the NAND to before the time I used pimpmywii? I made the backup before I did anything, then threw in the SD card when the wii was booting to check that it booted into bootmii, which it did.

Thanks. I am a cautious person and I really want this to go well and not end up with a brick.

EDIT: Just did it, everything is working fine again. Thanks for your help. Modmii is a fantastic program. I will need to update my sister's wii soon so she can play Zelda, I will certainly use modmii to make it work.