Hacking Installing Paper Mario: Pro Mode as a VC Inject?

blutarch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I was interested in installing Paper Mario: Pro Mode on my Wii U. For those who have not seen it, here's the release trailer (). It's a modified version of Paper Mario with added features and difficulty. I have already successfully patched my existing Paper Mario rom, which I extracted on to my computer, and was wondering if there was a way to replace the Paper Mario on the Wii U with it. Besides replacing the rom, the other issue is that the Pro Mode requires the ram expansion that certain N64 games utilize. I am unsure if the Wii U would automatically account for that or if something special would have to be done. Thanks for your assistance.

blutarch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try injecting into Donkey Kong 64. It already has settings for Utilizing the ram expansion. Keep in mind, n64 VC injection is really a hit/miss.
So you recommend going with Donkey Kong rather than injecting over the Paper Mario ROM? If I try it and it fails, is there risk to my system or will the game just not work?

Nigleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you recommend going with Donkey Kong rather than injecting over the Paper Mario ROM? If I try it and it fails, is there risk to my system or will the game just not work?
You can try Paper Mario, or Donkey Kong. There isn't really a risk to the system, the game will either work or not. You're perfectly safe to try either and boot it up with Loadiine.

blutarch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try Paper Mario, or Donkey Kong. There isn't really a risk to the system, the game will either work or not. You're perfectly safe to try either and boot it up with Loadiine.
Right. I have been using the Wii U USB loading method for all my games currently. Is it possible to do this with that method? Or a way to convert the working Loadiine method to it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night