OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'v been trying to install a game onto my HDD which is formatted to fat32 in usb loader gx and i just get a code dump error. I also tried deleting my config folder and i still get the error even though i can install a game onto my wbfs format. So is it something wrong on my end or is that feature just not yet possible on the latest USB Loader GX?

hotsammysliz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes i installed Hermes v4 and everything. I can run games off of my FAT32 perfectly. I'm concerned with being able to install a game from a disc onto the Fat32 within the usb loader gx app like you can do if you are using a WBFS partition

Dannymh

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what i want to know.

I am thinking about formatting my drive to Fat32 for a multitude of reasons, but if I can not move games from the wii straight onto the partition i can not see any point to this

hotsammysliz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dannymh said:
This is what i want to know.

I am thinking about formatting my drive to Fat32 for a multitude of reasons, but if I can not move games from the wii straight onto the partition i can not see any point to this

Yeah you cant directly put games on the fat32 through the wii. I've been testing. the only solution i can think of is for example say you have a 120GB HDD, format 115gb to fat32 and then 5gb wbfs just so you can put games directly onto your HDD whenever necessary

Dannymh

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh this is what I think I am going to do then.

I am going to do a 10GB partitions of WBFS (so i can do dual layer games) and then do the rest in FAT32

Cheers

hotsammysliz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Installing to a fat32 partition from within the loader should work just fine. It worked for me.

Really? could you tell me your specs and stuff. which revision of usb loader gx? what kind of hard drive? a game or two you've installed? and whats the latest cios you've installed?

thanks

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been racking my brains over this too! Hopefully they'll fix it up
smile.gif