Hacking Installing non-region cia files N3DS - Help plz

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I tried to install some USA region cia files to my EU region N3DS and they haven't shown up after using FBI. My other EU region games are working fine with no problems.

I also tried to import the titles using Big Blue Manager/DEVMENU and it reported that the games were already installed (i did this earlier with FBI).

Is there a way to install out of region games and also how do I uninstall the now invisible games/cia's that I have already installed to free up space?

I used wurstpistole's guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Thanks again for any help folks.

Best Regards

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I tried to install some USA region cia files to my EU region N3DS and they haven't shown up after using FBI. My other EU region games are working fine with no problems.

I also tried to import the titles using Big Blue Manager/DEVMENU and it reported that the games were already installed (i did this earlier with FBI).

Is there a way to install out of region games and also how do I uninstall the now invisible games/cia's that I have already installed to free up space?

I used wurstpistole's guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Thanks again for any help folks.

Best Regards
The games won't appear because your CFW doesn't have region free.
Either use the latest rxTools nightly, it supposedly has working region free.
Or, install this and run it to apply region free patches: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/
Or launch them through HANS or BBM.

Reactions: Midvoc

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you followed my guide, you were supposed to use the latest nightly (12-05) which supports region free out of the box without freemultipatcher. I can only imagine you used the wrong rxtools version. Update to the latest nightly or use freemultipatcher and they will appear, given that the files are not defective.

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome guys - thanks again - will try the latest nightly - is it easy enough to update my version of rxtools?

regards

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you followed my tutorial you will should have had the correct version already. Just download the nightly I link to with the firmware file I speak of and then you're good to.

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@wurstpistole Your guide is excellent and I did it follow it but I think because I was updating a 2DS at the same time - possibly I used an older version of rxTools which would've been for the 2DS.

I have d'loaded the lastest nightly now but how do I successfully replace my old version with this one on my new 3DS?

Thanks in advance ;)

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome cheers ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one last question then....

What are my options for an O3DS on firmware 9.7 with all the latest exploits etc...?

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok - i deleted my existing rxtools folder and replaced with new one.

Now all i get is a black screen but when i put back original rxtools folder it works again.

I had the firmware in a folder called data in my original rxtools folder but in your guide it says to put it in a folder called firm. Doing either of these options results in a black screen after the rxtools splash when using the newest rxtools files.

Can you advise how to proceed plz

Regards

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You probably have the wrong firmware file. Forget the old one you have to take the one I describe in my tutorial. It's all there, just follow the steps

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
awesome cheers ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one last question then....

What are my options for an O3DS on firmware 9.7 with all the latest exploits etc...?
Actually - as of last night (my time, it's 10am here 4/1/16) an updated FBI was released which allows you to install legit CIAs. Details are in the homebrew forum, but if you aren't certain what a legit cia is please read the sticky in this forum "what is a legit cia and other noob questions answered" before going over there as there's enough people asking if they can install non-legit CIAs ir asking if such and such a cia is legit when it can't be lol.

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info @Quantumcat

i saw the legit cia list - is that the only cia files you can install? (the list is quite small for say EU region).

I was overwhelmed with all the questions people were asking lol - someone needs to make a definitive guide/tutorial!

Best Regards

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
thanks for the info @Quantumcat

i saw the legit cia list - is that the only cia files you can install? (the list is quite small for say EU region).

I was overwhelmed with all the questions people were asking lol - someone needs to make a definitive guide/tutorial!

Best Regards
There are 16 total that you can install for the Eu region (12 Eu ones and 4 region-free Pokemons).

Midvoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You probably have the wrong firmware file. Forget the old one you have to take the one I describe in my tutorial. It's all there, just follow the steps

This worked out perfectly! Was deffo the FW file - so cheers and gratz on the guide.

Regards

mariobear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new to the whole exploit thing, since i downgraded my n3ds. is Pasta CFW region free? i was able to install fire emblem if but when i launches it force closes on me. Help any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.