United States
Yes, I did that.
biggrin.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using the normal installer, you will only have one instance of dvdx installed at once.

so alex, just so you know, it is only installed to one, not to both, it just overwrites itself every time.

I experiemented with how to create multiple instances, but it is a bit of work and virtually no payoff.

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so I can't run both. Bummer.

I'll just go buy a upscaling dvd player I guess. I can use the money the forum saved me from spending on a wiikey
yaynds.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegeta4ss said:
so I can't run both. Bummer.

I'll just go buy a upscaling dvd player I guess. I can use the money the forum saved me from spending on a wiikey
yaynds.gif

why do you need both?
just install the dvdx normally, and don't use the old V1 backuploader/launcher

I know I provide it in my pack so it's ironic that I say that, but if dvd is that important for you, just use normal dvdx installation and stick to gamma and softchip

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woah, wait? So your saying that gamma and softchip dont even use the dvdx advanced 249 build? I still have the backup loader beta installed on my wii but never use it. If that's the case I will take off the dvdx. I haven't touched softchip yet but I was going to try putting it on today. I can just use r61 wad installer and i'm set , correct?

There are too many install guides with too many differing steps, no wonder so many bricked wii's . The one I followed (and then re-followed on the gamma release) had me uninstall dvdx normal and go back in with advanced and add it. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegeta4ss said:
woah, wait? So your saying that gamma and softchip dont even use the dvdx advanced 249 build? I still have the backup loader beta installed on my wii but never use it. If that's the case I will take off the dvdx. I haven't touched softchip yet but I was going to try putting it on today. I can just use r61 wad installer and i'm set , correct?

There are too many install guides with too many differing steps, no wonder so many bricked wii's . The one I followed (and then re-followed on the gamma release) had me uninstall dvdx normal and go back in with advanced and add it. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

ok your confused about a couple things, check back here in a sec and ill update this post.

Update:

MPlayerDVD (only one version currently available) [as well as various other DVD-enabled homebrew]
-Uses: "Normal" DVDx install for unchipped, OR PatchMii install (with Patchmii already installed, of course, as IOS254) for chippers.

OLD leaked Waninkoko loader/WiiGator 0.1 Launcher
-Uses: "Advanced" DVDx install pointed at IOS249 (where cIOSrev5 should be installed before that point) [incompatible with MPlayerDVD for that reason]

NEWER WiiGator 0.3b Launcher
-Uses: no DVDx install at all (because cIOS rev6 has a custom DI module)

NEWEST WiiGator 0.3g Launcher
-Uses: no DVDx install at all (because cIOS rev7 has a custom DI plugin)

More:

SoftChip r62 is just the applauncher, the SoftChip team have not yet released their own cIOS, so the app runs off of cIOSrev7, and requires no installer. WiiPower has made a modified version of a cIOSrev7 installer, which will install a slightly modified cIOSrev7 to several different IOS placeholders...this is relevant to softchip only because SoftChip is the only applauncher that allows you to select which IOS to use, so if you install your special cIOS wiipower made to say...234, SoftChip is the only applauncher that can run off that without completely recompiling the program.

Even more:

expanding on applaunchers vs. cIOS files....

the "launchers" themselves are basically dependent on the cIOS, because that is "Custom System Files"
so with each launcher setup, you're going to have the applauncher (aka: .dol or "Channel" wad)
and the cIOS (installed via an installer, or through wads in my pack)

it's a 2-part deal.

softchip simply decided to start with a good applauncher and worry about making their cIOS later,
so for now, it can basically only perform as good as the cIOSrev7 allows it to, which is the same gamma uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse