Hacking Installing Mii Plaza on a system without updating the console?

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sup there.

My JP Zelda cart finally arrived, I was able to run GW and everything is working perfectly fine...

except for the damn Mii plaza.

It seems like after formatting emuNAND and unlinking my Mii Plaza data was a goner, and the console claims there's no way to enable it without doing a system update. First it tells me the needed data isn't on the SD card, then it tries to update, and then it finally says I must do a system update. Of course, that's out of the question on a n3DS emuNAND. Anyone knows a way to re-enable it? Maybe the SD data from an already working JP system would be enough to initialize it? (PMs are welcome)

Here's the error for those interested. Maybe it'll help someone that hasn't formatted emuNAND and unlinked it yet, so you don't lose your plaza ;c
"to use this network service it's mandatory to perform a system update first. go to the "other settings" tab of your system menu and update the system. then cry".
njXAK3F.png

EDIT: I see there are CIAs of the plaza updates on the site of ISOs of the three dimensions system. Would installing a US or EUR plaza CIA mess my emunand up?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your full firmware version?

Installing a US version of mii plaza on a JP console can cause freezing unless you delete the JP one (BRM).

Reactions: Margen67

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Console came in 8.1 > updated to 9.2 > USED the plaza in 9.2 > GW came in > formatted emu > formatted sys > transferred emu from crappy SD to big SD and copied over contents > plaza ded

Can you delete system titles with BRM?

EDIT: and, how safe it is to do this on emuNAND via a BRM CIA? can I be sure that changes won't happen on my sys?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console came in 8.1 > updated to 9.2 > USED the plaza in 9.2 > GW came in > formatted emu > formatted sys > transferred emu from crappy SD to big SD and copied over contents > plaza ded

Can you delete system titles with BRM?

EDIT: and, how safe it is to do this on emuNAND via a BRM CIA? can I be sure that changes won't happen on my sys?

It's weird that your Plaza would crap out like that if you copied over all your data from the old SD card. When you formatted to unlink sys/emu, did you have a NNID linked to the system? Perhaps re-linking that in System Settings of emuNAND might help?

BRM should be able to delete system titles. I've read on here that you may have to try and delete the title twice before it actually disappears in BRM.
Uninstalling/installing titles in emuNAND won't affect any titles in sysNAND. However, as with any modification, I recommend making backups of everything you can before making changes.

Are there no JPN update CIAs for Plaza on the site of ISOs? I wouldn't recommend trying to install different region titles without trying to swap the region of the system. Hope this helps! ^_^

Kylecito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In the end I couldn't uninstall the system Plaza... Using BGRM and hitting A doesn't do a thing. also, installing the EUR update didn't seem to do anything elther. As the error says that the SD card data isn't there I'm shooting to find said data somewhere, or asking someone to send me their SD data. I mean, one of the titles/folders should be the plaza data, right? Even if it's not for my console it might be able to initialize data, who knows.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, a better option for deleting/reinstalling system titles now is FBI. It is much less buggy than BRM. I used it myself to perform region change on my Japanese n3DS emuNand! ^_^

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm a bit worried to do this on my n3ds xl.

My mii plaza works fine on my unliked emuNand. Just worried if I instance this update via CIA, then in the future am able to update my emuNand to 9.6+ will it mess up?

In that case I'll leave it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If our Walmart has them yours probably does