OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
So im on 9.2.0-20E on CFW (rxTools).

I got myself a download of Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and its v2.0 update also as a .cia.

How can I install these to be playable?

JershXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o3ds or n3ds? EDIT: nvm read sig
(Assuming you have an emuNAND set up)
Use the FBI Injection to inject FBI into the H&S app
1.) Check the version of the H&S app by going to rxTools -> Advanced -> FBI Injection -> emuNand -> Press B (write down the number next to 'TMD:')
2.) In the rxTools archive go to : release/Tools/fbi_injection/<your region>/<that number you wrote down>/ and copy those files to the root of your sd card.
3.) Go back to the FBI Injection in rxTools and select emuNAND and press Y.
4.) It should tell you if it succeeded or not, if it did, continue.
5.) Reboot into emuNAND and open FBI
6.) Install the Cias

Last edited by JershXL,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
o3ds or n3ds? EDIT: nvm read sig
(Assuming you have an emuNAND set up)
Use the FBI Injection to inject FBI into the H&S app
1.) Check the version of the H&S app by going to rxTools -> Advanced -> FBI Injection -> emuNand -> Press B (write down the number next to 'TMD:')
2.) In the rxTools archive go to : release/Tools/fbi_injection/<your region>/<that number you wrote down>/ and copy those files to the root of your sd card.
3.) Go back to the FBI Injection in rxTools and select emuNAND and press Y.
4.) It should tell you if it succeeded or not, if it did, continue.
5.) Reboot into emuNAND and open FBI
6.) Install the Cias
I did that and installed BigBlueMenu and FBI and I tried installing with both of them AND installed the update for the game but when I open the game I just get an error saying to trun off the ds and retry.
The game is Animal crossing Happy Home Designer gotten from Dat Iso Site.

JershXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that and installed BigBlueMenu and FBI and I tried installing with both of them AND installed the update for the game but when I open the game I just get an error saying to trun off the ds and retry.
The game is Animal crossing Happy Home Designer gotten from Dat Iso Site.
Hmm.. I don't know much about how CIA's need to be prepared. It might have to be firmware spoofed/cryptofixed/etc..

JershXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw on the place I got it saying the uplaoder didnt do any firmware spoofing so ill look around on that.
I would imagine since HHD is pretty new it would require a semi-up-to-date firmware (I don't know what version your emuNAND is)

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I would imagine since HHD is pretty new it would require a semi-up-to-date firmware (I don't know what version your emuNAND is)
Its the same 9.2.0-20E i dont know much so I didnt update it. If I update it wouldnt I be screwed? Would I still be able to install cias and do that stuff etc?

JershXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert, but I believe since it's an o3DS you could update your emuNAND all the way to 10.3 (I would recommend backing up your emuNAND just in case I'm dead wrong). I know the max emuNAND version for n3DS is 9.5 though.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm no expert, but I believe since it's an o3DS you could update your emuNAND all the way to 10.3 (I would recommend backing up your emuNAND just in case I'm dead wrong). I know the max emuNAND version for n3DS is 9.5 though.
I can update it yes but if I update it wouldnt I be screwed and not be able to install cias etc?

JershXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've been reading, you can't install CIA's on the higher firmwares (but again I'd be happy to be proven wrong)
EDIT: If you have FBI already installed as a CIA, you might be able to update to 10.3 (but don't use eshop, use sysUpdater and update files from dat iso site.
LINK: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cia-installer-for-emunand-10-3.408038/

Last edited by JershXL,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as @JershXL says, Happy Home Designer requires a much newer FW to boot.
Or you can find a FW spoofed version.

You can safely update your emunand to 10.3 through system settings if you do this carefully and properly after booting emunand with unlinked nands.

Last edited by jaksy,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already unlinked but when I update the emunand wouldnt I be blocked from installing more cia's?
No because you are still launching the emunand through RXtools which disables the signature check.

If you updated your sysnand above 9.2 you'd be locked out.
That's the main reason for unlinking nands, to prevent updating your emunand from updating your sysnand aswell.

Last edited by jaksy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1