Hacking Installing Legit CIA games?

Disco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, I know the procedure, already done this one time on my regular O3DS before I sold it.
Install the games via BBM when in Sysnad in GW Mode. After installing all the games, update the console, make new NNid, go to eShop and install available updates.

So I know all of that, but my question is:

Can I for example install all those games on 32gb SD card, then do the NNid/eShop thingy (also updating the console itself).
After that, I would like to remove the 32gb card and insert smaller one (uninstalling the games from the console before that), and then install 2-3...to be precise download those 2-3 games form eshop ''again'', after I played them, uninstall and download another 2-3 games (I have 15 legit CIAs), and so on.... is that possible?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to make multiple copies? To play on other systems?

Or trying to divide DLs due to storage? Why would you change the NNID?

Or multiple NNID's and wanting to consolidate onto single SD?

Or are you wanting a multiple emuNAND setup?

What's the goal/intent here?

The NNID that the games belong to will allow you to re-download them as many times as you like, but only for that NNID. The moment you try to use those DLs with another NNID... broke. The NNID is what keeps track of which eShop games you've purchased.

Patches can be re-downloaded for anyone/everyone with eShop access. They don't even require the game.

Firmware is so you can even gain access to eShop/NNID. If not the latest, NNID and eShop will ask for System Update.

Disco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No, you got this all wrong.
There is 1 3DS XL, and there is 1 NNid.
I want to isntall all 15 legit CIAS on 32GB card, go to eshop with all of them to register them with NNid.
Then insert smaller card (4gb) in 3DS XL, the console and the NNid are the same, can i redownload those games from eshop ?

And I am doing it this way, as obviously there is nor room for all the games on 4gb card, but to install them, you have to do that on exploitable FW, so no going to eshop to register them. That's why I want to install them all at once, then update the console and make NNid (as there is no NNid on 4.5fw). ;)

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you got this all wrong.
There is 1 3DS XL, and there is 1 NNid.
I want to isntall all 15 legit CIAS on 32GB card, go to eshop with all of them to register them with NNid.
Then insert smaller card (4gb) in 3DS XL, the console and the NNid are the same, can i redownload those games from eshop ?

And I am doing it this way, as obviously there is nor room for all the games on 4gb card, but to install them, you have to do that on exploitable FW, so no going to eshop to register them. That's why I want to install them all at once. ;)
I don't think this will work. Just visiting the eShop with a game installed doesn't convince Nintendo you bought it, since they wouldn't have gotten any sort of payment for it. It won't register the game to your NNID, so when you use the new card, it won't let you "re"-download it.

If it's a Legit CIA, then it's one you've already purchased before, right? Then it's already registered, and you don't need to install them to the 32GB card to begin with.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sounds very much like, "i want to sell consoles pre-loaded, but want to cheap out and only provide a small SD card and have them delete and download games as they finish them"

answer yeah you can redownload the games from the eshop as long as the valid ticket is installed to the nand, but if your profiteering off these things at least provide i half decent SD card, they are pretty cheap for a 16GB card which would fit most of the games on, just leave out one of each of the pokemon games , or MH3U or whatever

Reactions: Disco

Disco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think this will work. Just visiting the eShop with a game installed doesn't convince Nintendo you bought it, since they wouldn't have gotten any sort of payment for it. It won't register the game to your NNID, so when you use the new card, it won't let you "re"-download it.

If it's a Legit CIA, then it's one you've already purchased before, right? Then it's already registered, and you don't need to install them to the 32GB card to begin with.

OK, seems to me you don't know what a perfectly legit CIA is?
It's the one you can install on SYSnanad and play normally on updated console (before installing the games, console must be on older-exploitable FW).
There are not many games out there that are perf legit CIAs, there are only 15 games for EUR 3DS.

Disco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
sounds very much like, "i want to sell consoles pre-loaded, but want to cheap out and only provide a small SD card and have them delete and download games as they finish them"

answer yeah you can redownload the games from the eshop as long as the valid ticket is installed to the nand, but if your profiteering off these things at least provide i half decent SD card, they are pretty cheap for a 16GB card which would fit most of the games on, just leave out one of each of the pokemon games , or MH3U or whatever

Finally :yaynds:
:grog:

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, seems to me you don't know what a perfectly legit CIA is?
It's the one you can install on SYSnanad and play normally on updated console (before installing the games, console must be on older-exploitable FW).
There are not many games out there that are perf legit CIAs, there are only 15 games for EUR 3DS.
It's entirely possible I misunderstood, yes. Are you referring to the ones that have no signature at all, that come pre-installed on systems? I knew of those under the term "Universal CIAs", with "Legit CIAs" being ones that were purchased and thus had a valid signature tying them to a specific console. Sorry for the confusion.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhh... the LE pre-installed .CIA's.

Do it. That would be pretty kewl. Get a system on discount with a bunch of pre-installed games. Maybe cut a loss and use 32GB? You can get some decent 32GB for $15 or less... lord knows how much Nintendo charged us for those crappy 4GB SDs.

So basically you'd be setting up an LE with multiple games but no bling. So more like an "LX" Edition. Same car, added features.

But that would still require getting the .CIA's from emuNAND into sysNAND, right? So GW + rxTools? Install to emuNAND with GW, then link to sysNAND, copy files to blank SD and sysNAND recognizes them and has patches pre-installed. But wouldn't that mean the moment they try to set up their own NNID they would gray out?

InfoFront

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhhh... the LE pre-installed .CIA's.

Do it. That would be pretty kewl. Get a system on discount with a bunch of pre-installed games. Maybe cut a loss and use 32GB? You can get some decent 32GB for $15 or less... lord knows how much Nintendo charged us for those crappy 4GB SDs.

So basically you'd be setting up an LE with multiple games but no bling. So more like an "LX" Edition. Same car, added features.

But that would still require getting the .CIA's from emuNAND into sysNAND, right? So GW + rxTools? Install to emuNAND with GW, then link to sysNAND, copy files to blank SD and sysNAND recognizes them and has patches pre-installed. But wouldn't that mean the moment they try to set up their own NNID they would gray out?

You don' t even need a GW/Emunand to install legit CIAs. Before I got my gateway, I just had a copy of Cubic Ninja. So, using ninjhax + FBI I easily installed some legit CIAs onto sysnand.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because he's on 4.5... I get it now. Damn that's brilliant. So as long as he has 9.2 or below he downgrade back to 4.5 using GW menu, then use ninjahax to install the legit CIA's. When all finished, update FW to 9.7 and install patches? Then unlink NNID?

InfoFront

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FW just needs to be 9.2 or below, so a downgrade to 4.5 isn't necessary. But yeah, after that you could update FW, patch, and unlink NNID. Then you could just buy more N3DSs with 9.7 FW and download those games from the eshop for free.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Actually, this supposedly does work with legit CIAs (those are ones dumped from consoles that came with a game preinstalled)
Edit: I was too slow :ninja:

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Disco, you happy? You thought we were gonna make you walk the plank for this... instead, they all brought you a jug of rum.

Have fun!

Disco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The FW just needs to be 9.2 or below, so a downgrade to 4.5 isn't necessary. But yeah, after that you could update FW, patch, and unlink NNID. Then you could just buy more N3DSs with 9.7 FW and download those games from the eshop for free.

So if I unlink NNid (how to do that?), I can use that NNid to DL those games on other 3DS?!
I don't think that's how things work with Nintendo...the games are linked to the console and not to the NNid unlike PSN account where all the bought games are linked to the account...or is it?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So if I unlink NNid (how to do that?), I can use that NNid to DL those games on other 3DS?!
I don't think that's how things work with Nintendo...the games are linked to the console and not to the NNid unlike PSN account where all the bought games are linked to the account...or is it?
no, afaik the console the tickets where installed to have them locked to it, so even system transferring leaves the tickets on the original console, the "legit" games will never be tied to the NNID, you would really be better never linking a NNID to the console so then whoever ends up with the shady goods can make their own NNID without worrying about some shady guy hijacking the pre-made NNID after they have linked their bank card :teach:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How exactly would you go by installing these tickets? I thought that all the legit .cia files get tied to your ticket.db when you install the on your console, or am I wrong?
well all that is really needed is the tickets, as you can download the content from the eshop, so if you just installed the 15 tickets to the ticket.db you could then download from the eshop as and when you need them (save you installing 15gb of games in one go)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1