Installing homebrew on "fresh" wii that's not updated, w

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blueoakleyz, Nov 28, 2008.

1. blueoakleyz
    OP

Member blueoakleyz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well i'm gonna install homebrew on my friend's wii. He hasn't updated in a long time so I don't know what firmware it is

what games come with 3.2 on it?

if his wii is older than 3.2 is there a way to update it to 3.2?

When I installed all my stuff it was all when the things came out so I didn't keep track.. and don't want to miss anything. What should i put on it and in what order?

2. blueoakleyz
    OP

United States
    please help here
    most importantly how do you update your wii to 3.2 if it's below that?

3. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    What 3.2 is it?! What region, etc?

All you have to do is..

1. Install the twilight hack which is included in the gamma.zip in DJTaz's famous signature...http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGatorGamma03.zip

2. Follow his detailed instuctions to do the twilight hack so you will have homebrew channel.

3. Also download and put these dol's in your apps folder as seperate folders on your sd card.

Download Any Region Changer -http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:AnyRegion_Changer.zip

and Starfall - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Image:Starfall.zip

(You may have to copy these into your apps folder... can't remember how these come)

But just make sure each has a seperate folder in the apps folder... and if there is a file called starfall.dol (or similar) just make a new folder called Starfall (in the apps folder) and rename the starfall.dol to boot.dol.

Same with Any Region Changer but I think that zip is already made right for you...just make sure it's in it's own folder in apps folder as well on your SD card.

So when you first boot the homebrew channel after the twilight hack is done...make sure that you are still on 3.2e of 3.2u before trying to apply the starfall patch.... It will tell you if this version will work by going to the starfall title screen if not it will say you have to have 3.2# to use it.

Anyways... if you can now install Starfall just use the wiiremote to check each one you want to patch/install (ALL)...

It will only take a moment...

If you didn't have the right version... then this is where you would load any region changer to update back to 3.2# for you to be able to install Starfall.

More details about Starfall is basically it will help stop your Wii from being bricked.

You should read over DJTaz's awesome instructions first.... Don't do the safe 3.3 update either unless you have to... both of my Wii's have been done like this and work perfect with what is working so far on these backup loaders.

After you do DJTaz's instructions by installing his basics... the rest you can do as an option that I mentioned above.... this is about the safest and secure way people are mentioning in numerous threads... I should have just hunted you down one of these guys better instructions...this was just off the top of my head...but I have 15 wii's under my belt of softmodding... so... anyways..if you still need help PM me on someone like DJTaz, WiiShizzza, DJDynamite, etc. that is nice enough to help...There are lots of nice people here...just have to look around....

4. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  5. blueoakleyz
    OP

United States
    3.2U

most of the install stuff I've done before I just forgot what parts I installed

6. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    get my installer and follow the tutorial , it takes less than 10 minutes , any problem please tell me [​IMG]