Hacking Installing GH5 Content.wad

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to install it, it gets to 2/20 content installed then it fails with the -2011 error. I know I'm supposed to get the -2011 error but I think I'm getting it too early because the hack isn't working. I'm trying to install via MMM on wii version 4.2

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you running MMM under a cIOS? -2011 = bad signature

Also, I always thought DLC wads gave -1017 when they installed successfully, but I may be mistaken on that since I don't play any games with DLC.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure MMM is using IOS249. I believe the last option on the main menu lets you load a different IOS.

If you still have issues, get a standalone wad manager and try that.

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got it installed. I didn't have the IOS set to 249 I had it on 36.

It's giving me an error when I try to download though.'

*edit* google is my friend. I've got to install 1 more .wad for it to work properly.

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was what patched?

The second .wad I had to install was cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14 and that has an application to install and that failed to do so. Does that help anything?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You installed the cIOS56 from CORP...and you probably have a newer DVD drive that can't use it.

Use DOP-Mii or MMM to reinstall a regular IOS56, and apply the patches to it when asked.

If you don't know how to use DOP-Mii or MMM, or don't know what those tools are, let me know and I'll try to explain.

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to use MMM but I'm not sure on how to install the regular IOS56. So how do I go about patching it properly for use with the hack and still being able to play the game.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First make sure MMM is running under IOS36 or IOS249. The last option in MMM's main menu will let you load a different IOS if you need to.

Then, go to the IOS manager and select IOS56. Tell it to install the latest version, and apply all the patches when asked. When it asks where to get the IOS from, select Nintendo Server. After it finishes installing the IOS, quit MMM.

Try GH5. It should run fine at this point. Also, try downloading your DLC again.

one2many

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Techboy I love you! (not in a homosexual way) Not only does my game work now but the hack works (well at least the songs are downloading). If we could give karma or thanks I'd give you like 100...

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
techboy said:
Are you running MMM under a cIOS? -2011 = bad signature

Also, I always thought DLC wads gave -1017 when they installed successfully, but I may be mistaken on that since I don't play any games with DLC.

AFAIK, only RB2 DLC wads give -1017 when installed via that custom wad manager. indicates a successful install

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
one2many said:
Techboy I love you! (not in a homosexual way) Not only does my game work now but the hack works (well at least the songs are downloading). If we could give karma or thanks I'd give you like 100...
Glad to hear it's working. Let me know if you have anymore issues.

vegemikee said:
QUOTE(techboy @ Jul 12 2010, 08:02 AM) Are you running MMM under a cIOS? -2011 = bad signature

AFAIK, only RB2 DLC wads give -1017 when installed via that custom wad manager. indicates a successful install
I knew there was at least one case where -1017 was a success...thanks for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here