Installing games trough injected roms

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by leocamilo, May 5, 2008.

May 5, 2008
  1. leocamilo
    OP

Member leocamilo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry if this was answered before, but I really need some info. I am planning to install SSB64 which was injected in the sin and punishment rom. I wanted to know if this will cause any crashes in my wii, because I already have bought sin and punishment trough the shop channel. Will I get duplicate channels, both showing the same game, or will I lose it? And what about the save (will I lose my previous save?). I was also wondering about the controls, if it supports de use of the wii remote and if I can configure the buttons.
    Please, I`m new to this stuff and if there`s anything else I should know, please tell me.

2. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Why would you get duplicate channels? that is only when up update your wii with a different region update.

And why are you doing it? someone already has done it with success and leached it on to the interwebz

3. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    from the OP, it seems he wants to Inject SSB64 into a hacked S&P rom to play SSB64. He has already purchased and d-loaded S&P and he's wondering if both S&P's will be there (one legit, one with SSB snugly fit inside), or if it will overwrite the legit one, etc etc.

I have no idea. But thats a good question.

4. Kairi

Newcomer Kairi Member

United Kingdom
    If the tickets are the same then it will replace S&P.

5. leocamilo
    OP

United States
    That's exactly what I want to know. I don't want to lose my Sin and Pushment game that I bought, and I don't want to lose my save either. Has no one ever done this before? No one knows what happens when you do this?

6. ImpulsE69

Newcomer ImpulsE69 Advanced Member

United States
    I don't know the actual answer, but from my understanding, if you purchased S&P, you can redownload it free any time you wish. So that means even if it overwrites it, you could just delete it and redownload it.

7. leocamilo
    OP

United States
    It's because I really wanted to avoid all that hassle of transfering games to and from SD cards back and forth. Has no one actually done this???

8. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    As long as you change the ID in the ticket when you inject SSB, then you'll be able to install it without it doing anything to your legit version of S&P.