Hacking Installing fbi on sysnand

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I go about doing this? I want to play gba games. I tried just staying into emunand and installing the agbfirmpatched. It installs fine to nand. If I hit l and try to install to sd I get Summary_invalid_argument. Descriotion_invalid_combination. Can anyone one help?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
How do I go about doing this? I want to play gba games. I tried just staying into emunand and installing the agbfirmpatched. It installs fine to nand. If I hit l and try to install to sd I get Summary_invalid_argument. Descriotion_invalid_combination. Can anyone one help?
Here is an FBI build that installs to nand.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/minicia-beta.416346/#post-6148759 (it's boot.cia)
You inject it into health and safety on SysNand via Decrypt9WIP

https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Remember to backup all Nands before doing anything
shame on you :P

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, make sure to keep the original dump so you can put it back if needed. They are very small, just rar/zip it up and email it to yourself.

After injecting now h and s wont open. It says there is an error and I need to redownload it from the eshop.

All I want to do is be able to play gba games. I thought you needed FBI on both sysnand and emunand to do this. Is that not right?

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
After injecting now h and s wont open. It says there is an error and I need to redownload it from the eshop.

All I want to do is be able to play gba games. I thought you needed FBI on both sysnand and emunand to do this. Is that not right?
You need to install DSi and GBA cia's on both Sysnand and Emunand if you want to run them from Emunand..

In order to install them to sysnand you need FBI, to get FBI you need to Inject it. To inject it you need to use Decrypt9WIP. You went through the whole process of extracting H&S and merging it with FBI then injecting it right? You didnt just inject an empty file?

Is it New 3DS? or Old 3DS? What kind of hack do you have on it? is it A9LH?

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install DSi and GBA cia's on both Sysnand and Emunand if you want to run them from Emunand..

In order to install them to sysnand you need FBI, to get FBI you need to Inject it. To inject it you need to use Decrypt9WIP. You went through the whole process of extracting H&S and merging it with FBI then injecting it right? You didnt just inject an empty file?

Is it New 3DS? or Old 3DS? What kind of hack do you have on it? is it A9LH?

Yes I extracted just like I did when I first set up emunand. Its a n3ds. Using reinand.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a reason why it wont show up with my other cfw?

Your other CFW is for EmuNand.. mini Pasta is specifically to enable unsigned code in SysNand. You only need to do this to install stuff to SysNand.. once installed even though they wont show up without minipasta launch they will still run and work from Emunand.

Last edited by Chrushev,
Reactions: thegameksk

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting s red screen when I click on pasta. Here is the entry I put in boot cfg:

{
title = "MiniPasta";
path = "/3ds/MiniPastaCFW/MiniPasta.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000"

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting s red screen when I click on pasta. Here is the entry I put in boot cfg:

{
title = "MiniPasta";
path = "/3ds/MiniPastaCFW/MiniPasta.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000"
No offset
Remove that line
Also don't forget to hold your button/s to disable menuhax from booting(if you have it set to auto boot) after you select mini pasta

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: thegameksk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: