Installing Customer Firmware questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Hit, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Hit
    OP

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    1A friend of my got a White PSP he has updated to Firmware 3.90(Even that I told him not to)
    Is it still possible to install custom firmware, I know pandora is possible but I don't have it and can't make it(Have no PSP)

2Also another question I maybe want to buy a PSP Slim would it be possible to install Custom Firmware on a just new PSP Slim?

By the way I have ever had a PSP sold it because i never played it anymore that time, but I'm getting the feeling I NEED TO PLAY GTA ANYWHERE PORTABLE, you know what I mean I guess

2. joe_gamer

joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2007
    United States
    You can install CFW on any OFW so far, phat or slim. If you can't soft mod a battery you could always hard mod it, or just buy one. Datel's Tool battery is pretty good.

Check out this thread on installing CFW. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68111

3. Hit
    OP

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    Datel Tool battery works right out of the box?

4. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    Yep, Datel TOOL is the way to go ... just make sure you buy the right one ... they come in Phat & Slim.

It's really easy ... and there are a zillion tutorials for doing it.

5. myuusmeow

myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    You still need to make the Magic Memory Stick, which takes about 5 minutes and another 10 seconds to turn it back into a normal stick.

6. Hit
    OP

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    And what if I hate Datel, mhh maybe I should put a sticker on the Datel logo lol
    Ok thanks for info dudes,I appreciate it

7. myuusmeow

myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    On my Slim one, the only place were I see a Datel logo is on the box, no logo on the battery other than TOOL

8. Masta_mind257

Masta_mind257 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2006
    In ur mother
    The battery doesn't matter, I usually use the phat battery even on slims, well i did when I done it for my cousin. Be warned tho using a phat battery makes the slim unplayable for around 12hrs. I dunno why it usually doesn't turn on for me.

9. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    12 hours? I've done a few slims with a fat battery and have had no problems with any of them turning on.

10. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    If making a Magic Memory Stick using one of the easy installers, make sure you don't do it using a Vista machine, as those easy installers don't care much for Vista, and it might not work correctly.