Hacking Installing CIAs to NAND with FBI? / Installing FreeShop to NAND?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I know, I know it's not smart to install anything on the nand, but I would really like to install freeshop on my NAND.. its 3 mb anyway so it shouldn't be such a big deal.
Can someone help?

And FBI disappointed me. Some versions ago you could install cias to the nand, and now you can't?
Useful feature got deleted, and of course Steve deleted old versions of FBI from his GitHub

Thanks...

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
This is to avoid getting the NAND corrupted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its not a problem with space

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is to avoid getting the NAND corrupted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its not a problem with space
Why would it get corrupted? system apps are also .cias installed on nand
Do you have a menuhax set up? Why do you want it on the nand? You could inject FBI over HS and then install it
Cause I have multiple sd cards and It's really annoying when it disappears all the time i change the sd card..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would it get corrupted? system apps are also .cias installed on nand

Cause I have multiple sd cards and It's really annoying when it disappears all the time i change the sd card..
Because they weren't meant to be installed to the NAND.
And buy a bigger SD card or delete the games you don't play. You will basically only be able to install maybe one or two CIAs to the NAND. The 3DS only has 1GB of internal memory and most of that is being used by the OFW.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a wild idea:
You can try installing a dsiware higher that 3Mb and replace the game's .app with the freeshop's one.
Do a nand's backup before anything.

Also, freeshop need external files as the encTitleKeys.bin (I think it's called like that) so I don't know if that would be an issue

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because they weren't meant to be installed to the NAND.
And buy a bigger SD card or delete the games you don't play. You will basically only be able to install maybe one or two CIAs to the NAND. The 3DS only has 1GB of internal memory and most of that is being used by the OFW.
No, I didn't mean it that way. I just want to have the freeshop app on my nand, not the games.. the games will be installed on the ad card as usual

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, I didn't mean it that way. I just want to have the freeshop app on my nand, not the games.. the games will be installed on the ad card as usual
FreeShop wasn't made to be injected into the NAND. Seriously, buy a bigger SD card, you are acting like they are expensive.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FreeShop wasn't made to be injected into the NAND. Seriously, buy a bigger SD card, you are acting like they are expensive.
Listen, a friend wanted me to install a9lh but he didn't bring a SD card with him. He's a total noob how is he gonna install freeshop afterwards?

I thought maybe I just install it on the nand so he may use it LATER when he buys himself a sd card

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Listen, a friend wanted me to install a9lh but he didn't bring a SD card with him. He's a total noob how is he gonna install freeshop afterwards?

I thought maybe I just install it on the nand so he may use it LATER when he buys himself a sd card

When the time comes and he has a sd card do it then

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

or just send him the files?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I normally just blow off these kinds of comments, but you've changed your story for no reason whatsoever.
Just install FBI for him, then show him how to install freeShop. Or when he gets an SD card, have him come back to your place to install it there.

Reactions: Meliodas2255

MeAndHax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I normally just blow off these kinds of comments, but you've changed your story for no reason what so ever.
Just install FBI for him, then show him how to install freeShop. Or when he gets an SD card, have him come back to your place to install it there.
I could but it would be much less time wasting installing it on the nand

And second I changed the story because I knew I would get only answers like "wait til he gets a sd card" or "show him later how" and stuff. Not related to what I asked.

Last edited by MeAndHax,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I could but it would be much less time wasting installing it on the nand

And second I changed the story because I knew I would get only answers like "wait til he gets a sd card" or "show him later how" and stuff. Not related to what I asked.
So you changed your story in the hopes of getting a different answer? You aren't going to get a different answer beyond the honest one. The honest answers are, you can't, don't do it, and wait until he gets an SD card. These aren't going to change no matter what you do.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MeAndHax Not all apps can run from NAND. FBI now auto-detects which CIA's are meant for NAND and which are meant for SD and installs them accordingly (it's not that the feature was removed, it was improved on). If you use an older version of FBI and force Freeshop to be installed to NAND, then it crashes upon trying to load it. If you really want Freeshop on NAND, you'll need to download the source code, rewrite it to support loading the config files and support files from NAND, redirect the downloads from relative paths to static paths and then recompile it making sure to use the NAND option in makerom. Then, and only then, may you be able to successfully install and run Freeshop from NAND.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1