Hacking Installing cia on N3DS using BigBlueMenu.3ds, all invalid???

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say definitively That the EU rom won't work but just wait for the U.S. dump. Do t want to risk having to nuke your system again. :)

I just got a hold of the US dump for Xenoblade. I am on 9.0 emunand and it did not prompt me to update. I just went straight to the game.

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't tried to download any cia after I last posted but I was installing the cia for gateway 3.2 and the error came up again...

invalid cia...

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks you had to g through all that but at least you are working now. 9.0 is not a big deal at all. All 3 of mine are on 9.0 emunad, it hasn't stopped anything. You can easily get to 9.4 with the Xeno rom or 9.5 with Updatecdn or 3dnus with a bit more work. There just isn't really any need right now.

well, after my post on april 9, I didn't try to install any .cia but I tried to install today because of gateway 3.2 and the cia that I have to install is coming up as invalid even though this same micro sd downloaded multiple cia earlier.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after my post on april 9, I didn't try to install any .cia but I tried to install today because of gateway 3.2 and the cia that I have to install is coming up as invalid even though this same micro sd downloaded multiple cia earlier.
I just reread the thread and here are my thoughts. First we never checked the format of the mSD it may be formatted to exFat and the 3ds can't read that format. So put it in your PC and check its properties and make sure it is FAT32. PM me with the results.

Second, I have been trying my best to keep up with the 3.2 thing but there is a lot going on and I can't spend my whole day on this board. I have not touched my consoles yet and will probably wait until at least this weekend. I suggest you do the same. It works for most people but a lot of people are having problems. Bigblumenu will not work and it seems only a specific older version of dev menu works.

3rd. Is your emunand still on 9.0? As cearp said gateway automatically ignores updates, this is a safety feature. In order to update emunand you must hold up on the d pad when you select to boot gateway mode. This disables the update block and will allow your xeno US rom to update your emunand to 9.4.

hsdubb19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reread the thread and here are my thoughts. First we never checked the format of the mSD it may be formatted to exFat and the 3ds can't read that format. So put it in your PC and check its properties and make sure it is FAT32. PM me with the results.

Second, I have been trying my best to keep up with the 3.2 thing but there is a lot going on and I can't spend my whole day on this board. I have not touched my consoles yet and will probably wait until at least this weekend. I suggest you do the same. It works for most people but a lot of people are having problems. Bigblumenu will not work and it seems only a specific older version of dev menu works.

3rd. Is your emunand still on 9.0? As cearp said gateway automatically ignores updates, this is a safety feature. In order to update emunand you must hold up on the d pad when you select to boot gateway mode. This disables the update block and will allow your xeno US rom to update your emunand to 9.4.

okay, I will try and I was trying bigbluemenu.3ds, not devmenu.3ds, that was probably what was wrong.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I will try and I was trying bigbluemenu.3ds, not devmenu.3ds, that was probably what was wrong.
The main thread is huge and hard to keep up with. From there I gleaned bbm does defiantly not work and the 6.xx develop menu does not work, you need an older one.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main thread is huge and hard to keep up with. From there I gleaned bbm does defiantly not work and the 6.xx develop menu does not work, you need an older one.

i cant find devmenu.3ds, i got 1 copy in the download of a cfw, but it would just freeze the 3ds on atempting to launch. where can i get it?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant find devmenu.3ds, i got 1 copy in the download of a cfw, but it would just freeze the 3ds on atempting to launch. where can i get it?
I got mine at the "other" site. The archive all kinds of versions of dev tools. Can't remember exactly where but I know I have seen it on some of the Crayze stickies if I recall.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search for SDK.DevKit.Tools.3DSWare.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox.rar on google :grog:
OK, I got it but it only has dev menu.cia, devmenu.cci, and devmenu.csu, no devmenu.3ds. Well, I guess if it was actually what was given to devs it wouldn't have .3ds. Should I install the CIA using bigbluebox then install devmenu.cia? And also, what are .cci and .csu files?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got it but it only has dev menu.cia, devmenu.cci, and devmenu.csu, no devmenu.3ds. Well, I guess if it was actually what was given to devs it wouldn't have .3ds. Should I install the CIA using bigbluebox then install devmenu.cia? And also, what are .cci and .csu files?
I am not certain on this but I think you can change the extension of the .csu file to .3ds and then run it from the GW.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just change .csu to .3ds and you're good to go, you cannot install .cia file since it was build for developper's consoles, not normal ones.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not certain on this but I think you can change the extension of the .csu file to .3ds and then run it from the GW.

ok, thanks, i changed all my sd cards back around this morning since i was going to school. I had to leave half the roms off the sd card since i was running out of time :/ ... wont have access to that comp for a while...
Just change .csu to .3ds and you're good to go, you cannot install .cia file since it was build for developper's consoles, not normal ones.

yes. thanks, i was trying to install it and it wouldnt work. how would devs install a .cia or .csu (.3ds) file on their console anyway? do they have like a DFW (Developer Firmware) that installs them?

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry for double post but I have been trying to use the devmenu, and the icon shows up in the menu, but when I start it up it just says the game cart is removed and it hoots me out of gateway mode when I hit the home button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...