Hacking Installing CIA files on sysnand?

Commandertemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Is there a way to install .cia files(like dlc and updates) on the sysnand using gateway flashcart on FW 4.5+? Also, is there also a way to dl stuff from the eshop without upgrading?
Thx,
Commandertemp

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Is there a way to install .cia files(like dlc and updates) on the sysnand using gateway flashcart on FW 4.5+? Also, is there also a way to dl stuff from the eshop without upgrading?
Thx,
Commandertemp
I think you CAN do it but it is really dangerous and I don't know anyone who does this as it can brick your system. You mess up emunand and you just reload from backup.

You cannot access eshop without having a sysnand or emumnand on the latest version. If you have good Google-fu, updates and DLC can be found.

NeoRegia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If i get it right you can install cia files to sysnand but you cant run them as they are not signed properly, at this time only Nintendo can sign them for your.
On the other hand emunand while starting it is either bypassing signature check or forcing software to accept any signature i am not really sure.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed pokemon AS on 9.2 sysnand but it wont launch!
Is it an eshop version that you purchased from Nintendo? If not, of course it won't and you are lucky it hasn't bricked your system. Put your gateway down and don't touch it until you do a whole lot more reading.

Reactions: desertwarior

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
Is it an eshop version that you purchased from Nintendo? If not, of course it won't and you are lucky it hasn't bricked your system. Put your gateway down and don't touch it until you do a whole lot more reading.
I fixed that, Downgraded to 4.5 & formatted the system & installed emunand

weeandykidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I install all my CIA's on sysnand, so long as you have a solid CIA file you're fine.
They won't launch without patched signature checks which only CFW or Gateway mode will provide. But I'm not interested in emunand so this is how I roll.

A CIA file is essentially a WAD file if you've ever had a softmodded Wii.

Reactions: Jhyrachy and AmeenX

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
well there are some .cia files with valid signature checks which can be booted from sysNAND without GW/CFW enabled. Just like you bought the game from e-shop. only for games which were distributed pre-installed on 3DS systems though.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've been installing CIAs on 9.2 sysnand and haven't had any problems. Should I be freaked out?
And how you did that?
If I had a HardMod ans the needed possibility to install cia's on sysnand, Iwould try it.
Tell how I can Install things on sysnand ans I'll install hardmod ans i'll try it

Fusionz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I install all my CIA's on sysnand, so long as you have a solid CIA file you're fine.
They won't launch without patched signature checks which only CFW or Gateway mode will provide. But I'm not interested in emunand so this is how I roll.

A CIA file is essentially a WAD file if you've ever had a softmodded Wii.

What do you mean by a "solid CIA file"?? and also how do you make sure they have "patched signature checks"?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Am not 100% sure but I think that it's impossible!

not impossible at all
I want to know this too

'solid' can mean good, strong, etc... = no problems. (so, not a bad cia)

all cias apart from system and dsiware install to the sd card. there really is no harm in installing a cia when you are not using emunand.
but yes, the cia could be some malicious cia that someone made, it is possible to create one, that ruins homemenu or something etc, so it would effectively brick your 3ds.
if you check out each cia before you install you can be ok. devmenu even tells you if it is a system cia, or a game cia, update cia etc... there really is nothing to worry about.

Fusionz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
not impossible at all

'solid' can mean good, strong, etc... = no problems. (so, not a bad cia)

all cias apart from system and dsiware install to the sd card. there really is no harm in installing a cia when you are not using emunand.
but yes, the cia could be some malicious cia that someone made, it is possible to create one, that ruins homemenu or something etc, so it would effectively brick your 3ds.
if you check out each cia before you install you can be ok. devmenu even tells you if it is a system cia, or a game cia, update cia etc... there really is nothing to worry about.

Ok awesome! I'm getting my Hardmod (Nand R/W stuffs) installed this week so if anything does go wrong would i be able to fix it using my NAND.bin backup??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi