Hacking installing CIA files on 3ds help for a pathetic noob

Nooby McDaniels

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey out there. I was got a 3ds and the previous owner installed a bunch of cfw and programs. i want to try to add a couple more 3ds games to it but I don't want to risk messing it up. I can tell you that the 3ds has 10.2 firmware and the homebrew launcher has Reinand, emunand9.3dx, FBI.3dsx, emunand9, oothax, menuhax v2.1,, ironhax, mgba pasta cfw loader. Will someone please give me a non-technical step by step guide to put new 3ds cia file on my system without bricking it? Here is what I believe the process is from my novice research

1. download legit CIA file and copy it to the root menu of SD card
2. put SD back in the 3ds
3. turn 3ds on and run homebrew
4. open/run FBI
5. click on newly imported CIA file and hit install
6. once installed, game will appear on reinand home screen next time I boot it up in a gift box

I really dont want to risk messing anything up so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey out there. I was got a 3ds and the previous owner installed a bunch of cfw and programs. i want to try to add a couple more 3ds games to it but I don't want to risk messing it up. I can tell you that the 3ds has 10.2 firmware and the homebrew launcher has Reinand, emunand9.3dx, FBI.3dsx, emunand9, oothax, menuhax v2.1,, ironhax, mgba pasta cfw loader. Will someone please give me a non-technical step by step guide to put new 3ds cia file on my system without bricking it? Here is what I believe the process is from my novice research

1. download legit CIA file and copy it to the root menu of SD card
2. put SD back in the 3ds
3. turn 3ds on and run homebrew
4. open/run FBI
5. click on newly imported CIA file and hit install
6. once installed, game will appear on reinand home screen next time I boot it up in a gift box

I really dont want to risk messing anything up so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well the best place to start is looking at Plailect's Arm9Loaderhax guide. I can answer any questions if you have any...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you are on 10.2 you can't do what you suggested. I assume you mean 10.2 emuNAND?

To install games in your emuNAND you need a cia installer in it. You can inject FBI into it. Download Universal Inject Generator, Decrypt9 (the folder that goes in the 3ds folder that has the .3dsx and .smdh files in it) and the latest FBI.cia. Put the Decryt9 folder in your 3ds folder on your SD card. Leave the others extracted on your computer.

On sysNAND, go to homebrew and go to Decrypt9. Go to Miscellaneous, emuNAND, then dump Health and Safety. When finished put the hs.app in the inut folder of Universal Inject Generator, as well as FBI.cia. Double click go.bat (may have to run as administrator). Take the fbi_inject_with_banner.app and put it in the files9 folder of your SD card (or on the root if you don't have one, depends on the version of Decrypt9 you got). Go to homebrew on sysNAND and to Decrypt9. Go to Miscellaneous, emuNAND, inject Health and Safety. Choose the fbi with banner file. Then when you go into emuNAND next you will be able to use FBI to install cia files.

Nooby McDaniels

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses. I might not have been clear in my first post. The guy I got the 3ds from had already installed a ton of games on the device so he has the installers and all that stuff already on there. I just don't know how to use them to put more stuff on it. How to I put new games on the device using FBI?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the responses. I might not have been clear in my first post. The guy I got the 3ds from had already installed a ton of games on the device so he has the installers and all that stuff already on there. I just don't know how to use them to put more stuff on it. How to I put new games on the device using FBI?
Download a CIA of a game and put it on your SD card, then use FBI to install it. You can also install freeShop which lets you download and install CIAs directly to your system.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Nooby McDaniels

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any chance of bricking my 3ds if I play a r4 revolution dualcore flash cart with DS/snes/GBC roms on it with all these installers and custom firmware on my 3ds?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is there any chance of bricking my 3ds if I play a r4 revolution dualcore flash cart with DS/snes/GBC roms on it with all these installers and custom firmware on my 3ds?

Nope you're good to go as far as the 3ds is concerned.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The 3DS reboots into a different firmware when running DS games.

As long as you stay away from DS exploits (MSET ROPs and such) and just stick to game backups, you should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins