Installing CFW on NEW 2DSXL but my source old 2DS with CFW has someone elses Nintendo id :/

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Severd Nerv, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Severd Nerv
    OP

Severd Nerv Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    I just went out and picked myself up one of them new 2dsxl's and i was following the 3dsguide page and doing everything as instructed and got to the part where ive to do the transfer process.

but as i was starting i realised ive never used a Nintendo id before and the Source old2DS i got which i installed CFW on it originally has someone elses Nintendo id on it :/

so im stuck now as i dont know how to remove there ID

is it safe to Format sytem memory while CFW is installed if so will i loose my CFW what do i need to do in order to put my own Nintendo id( which i do have BTW) onto my Source 2DS so i can start the 3DS guide again from scratch.

Cheers guys any help is much appreciated.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Format the source console and buy the game again and inject the save etc. You won't lose CFW.

Severd Nerv likes this.
  3. Severd Nerv
    OP

Severd Nerv Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    will i need to put some of my files and folders on my old 2DS like the luma folder and and boot firm files that i backed up on my desktop back onto my SD card once ive formatted?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You'll need to follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup again except probably not the part about moving boot.firm to CTR-NAND as that will stay.

Severd Nerv likes this.
  5. Severd Nerv
    OP

Severd Nerv Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    No problem ill go and do that just now and follow that part of guide again and ill let you know how i get on ..

Agian this is much appreciated thank you very much

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Severd Nerv
    OP

Severd Nerv Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    This has worked :D

Got my own Nintendo id on it now and all my Fbi and luma reinstalled n updated

thanks again for your support!

Quantumcat likes this.