Installing BBC iPlayer channel on 4.0E?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WizardOfOdd, Aug 6, 2011.

Aug 6, 2011
  1. WizardOfOdd
    OP

Newcomer WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm running 4.0E on a softmodded Wii. I used the Twilight Hack years ago, and have installed various updates and cIOS stuff since. I lost track of everything to be honest. Basically, everything works fine so I haven't messed for a while. I play all my backups on the NeoGamma channel via a USB HDD.

Anyway, what I want to do is install the BBC iPlayer channel. I assumed there would be an iPlayer.wad file knocking about the internet somewhere I could simply install, but it seems that is not the case. From what I can make out I have to actually download the channel from the Wii Shop, but obviously I can't since it tells me I need to update whenever I try to load the shop.

So any ideas?

Would anyone be able to point me towards a simple guide to update to the latest Wii OS whilst still keeping all my homebrew working? Would this then enable me to download the iPlayer channel? (To be honest, I'm not fussed about updating the OS, but I will if I need to. I really want the iPlayer channel!)

Thanks [​IMG]

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    There are wads available, iirc you need a fake ticket version to run it without errors.

Google and you will find it.

EDIT: found it again within mins, check your inbox [​IMG]